Lauren received her J.D., magna cum laude, from St. John’s University School of Law and her B.A. from Fordham University.
- Scandinavian Airlines, an airline holding company based in Sweden in connection with its restructuring efforts.
- CEC Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated debtors, an American franchisee company with iconic brands Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza with locations across 47 states and 16 foreign countries and territories, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Chisholm Oil and Gas Operating, LLC, and its affiliates, an exploration and production company focused on acquiring, developing, and producing oil and natural gas assets in the Anadarko Basin in Oklahoma, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC and its subsidiaries, a midstream oil and gas services business with substantial gas processing, crude oil gathering and storage, and produced water gathering and disposal assets in the Anadarko Basin in Oklahoma, in their chapter 11 cases, which are jointly administered with the chapter 11 cases of Alta Mesa Resources, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Halcón Resources Corporation and its subsidiaries, an independent energy company focused on the acquisition, production, exploration, and development of onshore oil and natural gas assets, in their second prepackaged chapter 11 cases with liabilities in excess of $850 million.
- CTI Foods, LLC and its affiliates, a leading independent provider of custom food solutions to major chain restaurants in North America, in their prepackaged chapter 11 cases with liabilities in excess of $655 million.
- Takata Corporation, a Japan-based automotive parts supplier subject to massive mass tort liabilities and other creditor claims, in its global restructuring, including the chapter 11 cases of its U.S. and Mexican entities and the ultimate $1.6 billion sale to Key Safety Systems.
- Halcón Resources Corporation and certain of its affiliates, an independent energy company focused on the acquisition, production, exploration, and development of onshore oil and natural gas assets, in their first prepackaged chapter 11 cases with liabilities in excess of $2.89 billion and a reduction in debt of $1.8 billion.
- Aéropostale, Inc. and its subsidiaries, an international retail clothing company, in connection with their chapter 11 cases and their related proceeding under Canada’s Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- Prepetition secured lenders in chapter 11 cases of Clovis Oncology, Inc. and its affiliates, a biopharmaceutical company.
- The lead arrangers and lenders in connection with providing the approximately $2.5 billion exit facility in the chapter 11 cases of The Hertz Corporation, a global vehicle renting and leasing business, that has approximately 12,000 corporate and franchisee locations in the United States, Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and New Zealand.
- Alfa S.A.B. de C.V. in connection with its acquisition of a manufacturing facility and related assets through 363 sale in the chapter 11 cases of CabonLite Holdings LLC and its affiliated debtors.
- Universal Towers Construction, Inc., in connection with the representation of Monarch Alternative Capital in its acquisition of the Orlando Crowne Plaza hotel through the section 363 asset sale in the chapter 11 case of Universal Towers Construction, Inc.
- Unit Corporation, in connection with the representation of an ad hoc group of bondholders in the chapter 11 cases of Unit Corporation, an oil and natural gas exploration and production company.
- General Electric Company in connection with various representations, including, as owner, prepetition lender, and provider of debtor in possession financing in the chapter 11 case of WMC Mortgage, LLC, a residential mortgage originator.
Firm News & Announcements, Speaking Engagements, Latest Thinking
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Elects 12 New Partners and Announces New Counsel Class Firm Announcement — November 22, 2022
- Weil Advised Advent International in the Acquisition by AI Beauty Holdings of bareMinerals, BUXOM and Laura Mercier Deal Brief — December 06, 2021
Use of Chapter 11 to Restructure Debt of International Companies
Ronit J. Berkovich and
February 24, 2023 — New York, NY — Wharton Restructuring and Distressed Investing Conference - Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP will lead a discussion of the benefits of chapter 11 for international companies in distress, with an emphasis on the aviation sector. This panel will highlight several recent cases, including Scandinavian Airlines to demonstrate how chapter 11 can be an effective tool in implementing successful cross-border restructurings.
Recent Trends in Chapter 11: The Fate of Third Party Releases, Certain Liability Management Transactions, and Structured Dismissals
February 25, 2022 — New York, NY — Wharton Restructuring and Distressed Investing Conference — The panel will discuss recent trends in Chapter 11 cases, which have been subject to increasing scrutiny and criticism. It will cover the background giving rise to use of these mechanics, specific benefits and challenges, and the viability of continuing similar practices moving forward, including in light of proposed legislation that could change the way modern corporate restructurings are implemented.
How Many Connections are Too Many? Bankruptcy Court Finds Multiple Attenuated Connections Not Enough to Warrant Disqualification of Debtors’ Professional
Blog Post — Weil Restructuring
Lauren Tauro and
— December 02, 2022
Bankruptcy Court overrules U.S. Trustee objection and approves retention of investment banker despite numerous prepetition connections to debtors. ...