Karen has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in the acquisition by its affiliate AI Beauty Holdings of bareMinerals, BUXOM and Laura Mercier (collectively, n/k/a Orveon) and Distribution International in its $1 billion sale to TopBuild Corp.
- American Securities in its $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company
- Blackstone in its investment in Hotwire Communications
- Deluxe Corporation in its $960 million acquisition of First American Payment Systems, L.P.
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs, in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc.
- Marquee Raine Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Raine Group LLC and Marquee Sports Holdings SPAC I, LLC, in its $1.2 billion business combination with Enjoy Technology, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $2.1 billion acquisition of the 50% stake it does not already own in CityCenter and its $3.9 billion sale and leaseback of the Aria Resort and Vdara Hotel real estate at CityCenter
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $1.075 billion sale of the operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip to Hard Rock International
- Monarch Alternative Capital and Hersha Hospitality Management, as borrowers, in $192 million mortgage and $40 million mezzanine loans to finance the acquisition of nine full-service hotels located in California, Connecticut, Colorado and Florida from Eagle Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust, as debtor in chapter 11
- NPC International Inc. in its $801 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets to Flynn Restaurant Group and Wendy’s International LLC
Karen received her J.D. from New York University School of Law, where she served as an Executive Articles Editor of the Annual Survey of American Law, and her B.A., cum laude, from Georgetown University.