Karen Luo is an associate in Weil’s Real Estate practice and is based in New York. Karen participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures for real estate related companies.
Karen has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in the acquisition by its affiliate AI Beauty Holdings of bareMinerals, BUXOM and Laura Mercier (collectively, n/k/a Orveon) and Distribution International in its $1 billion sale to TopBuild Corp.
- American Securities in its acquisition of RealManage, LLC and its $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company
- Belmond Ltd. in its sale of the Charleston Place Hotel
- Blackstone in its investment in Hotwire Communications
- Deluxe Corporation in its $960 million acquisition of First American Payment Systems, L.P.
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs, in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc.
- Marquee Raine Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Raine Group LLC and Marquee Sports Holdings SPAC I, LLC, in its $1.2 billion business combination with Enjoy Technology, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $2.1 billion acquisition of the 50% stake it does not already own in CityCenter and its $3.9 billion sale and leaseback of the Aria Resort and Vdara Hotel real estate at CityCenter
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $1.075 billion sale of the operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip to Hard Rock International
- MGM Resorts International in its $450 million sale of the operations of Gold Strike Casino Resort in Tunica, Mississippi to CNE (a subsidiary of Cherokee Nation Businesses)
- Monarch Alternative Capital and Hersha Hospitality Management, as borrowers, in $192 million mortgage and $40 million mezzanine loans to finance the acquisition of nine full-service hotels located in California, Connecticut, Colorado and Florida from Eagle Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust, as debtor in chapter 11
- MSD Partners, as lender, in a $285 million mortgage loan to CGI Merchant Group, as part of CGI Merchant's $375 million acquisition of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- NPC International Inc. in its $801 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets to Flynn Restaurant Group and Wendy’s International LLC
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, as investor, in the formation of Tamarack Timberlands, LLC
Karen received her J.D. from New York University School of Law, where she served as an Executive Articles Editor of the Annual Survey of American Law, and her B.A., cum laude, from Georgetown University.
Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises MGM Resorts in its Pending $450M Sale of the Operations of Gold Strike Casino Resort Deal Brief — June 09, 2022
- Weil Advises MGM Resorts International in its Pending $1.075B Sale of the Operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino Deal Brief — December 13, 2021