Julia Welch is an associate in Weil's Capital Markets practice and is based in New York. Julia participates in advising issuers, underwriters and private equity sponsors in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions. She has been involved in investment grade and high-yield debt offerings, as well as primary and secondary equity offerings.
Julia has been part of the teams advising:
- Austerlitz Acquisition Corporation I, a SPAC sponsored by Trasimene Capital Management, LLC, in its $629 million initial public offering.
- Austerlitz Acquisition Corporation II, a SPAC sponsored by Trasimene Capital Management, LLC, in its $1.3 billion initial public offering.
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in a $500 million private placement in public equity of 50 million shares of its Class A common stock to finance, in part, its $16.1 billion business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC.
- Gores Holdings VI, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $2.9 billion business combination with Matterport, Inc.
- Marquee Raine Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Raine Group LLC and Marquee Sports Holdings SPAC I, LLC, in its $374 million initial public offering.
Julia received her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and her B.A. from Princeton University.