Most recently, Ms. Marcus was named “Equity Trailblazer” by The National Law Journal and shortlisted at the Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Awards: USA 2019 for “Gender Diversity Lawyer of the Year” in 2019. She was also honored by the Turnaround Management Association for her work on the successful restructuring of Aéropostale, Inc., and was the winner of “Turnaround of the Year: Mega Company” award in 2017. In October 2010, Ms. Marcus was featured as AmLaw Daily’s “Dealmaker of the Week” for her representation of Extended Stay. Ms. Marcus is consistently highly ranked in the field of Bankruptcy/Restructuring by Chambers USA, and has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Expert Guides’ “Women in Business Law” and Super Lawyers. Ms. Marcus has contributed to publications and seminar materials on various restructuring topics.
- Exide Holdings, Inc. and its affiliated debtors, a multinational lead-acid battery manufacturing company, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Sears Holdings Corporation and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases. Sears is one of the largest retailers in the world and its chapter 11 cases represent one of the largest retail chapter 11 cases in history. At the time of commencing these cases, Sears had more than 68,000 employees and approximately $6 billion in debt.
- Lehman Brothers Holding Inc., and its affiliated debtors, the fourth largest investment bank in the world, in the largest chapter 11 cases in history to date, including a focus on resolving Lehman Brothers’ portfolio of derivatives contracts, cross border issues, and large-scale claims resolution.
- Aéropostale, Inc., and its subsidiaries, an international retail clothing company, in connection with their chapter 11 cases. Aeropostale has locations in all 50 states, 17 countries internationally and approximately 20,000 employees.
- Extended Stay Inc., and its debtor affiliates, the largest owner of mid-priced extended stay hotels, in one of the largest chapter 11 cases in the commercial mortgage-backed securities (“CMBS”) market.
Creditor/Acquiror/Secured & Unsecured Lender/Other Experience:
- WMC Mortgage, LLC, in connection with the representation of GE Capital US Holdings, Inc. and its affiliates, as owner, prepetition lender, and provider of debtor in possession financing, in the chapter 11 case of WMC, a residential mortgage originator.
- SunEdison, Inc., in connection with the representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, in the chapter 11 cases of leading solar power company SunEdison, Inc.
- Black Diamond Mining Company, LLC, in connection with the representation of The Prudential Insurance Company of America as prepetition senior lender in the chapter 11 cases of Black Diamond Mining Company, LLC and its affiliates.
- Tropicana Entertainment, LLC, in connection with the representation of Silver Point Finance, LLC, as administrative and collateral agent, sole bookrunner, and sole lead arranger for the $67 million DIP financing provided by Tropicana Entertainment, LLC and its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases.
- GE Commercial Aviation Services (GECAS), as a creditor, in connection with numerous airline chapter 11 cases, including Global Aviation Holdings, Mesa Air Group, Skybus Airlines, Inc., Kitty Hawk, Inc., Aloha Airlines, Inc., Frontier Airlines Holdings, Inc., UAL Corporation, and FYIi, Inc.