Frank Nocco is Head of Weil's U.S. Structured Finance and Derivatives practice and is Co-Head of the Global Structured Finance and Derivatives practice and is based in New York. Frank represents issuers, underwriters, placement agents, credit enhancers, investors and collateral managers in structured securities offerings, both in the United States and abroad.
As part of his practice, he has worked on many ground-breaking transactions, including:
- the first 144A oil and gas securitization
- the first whole business securitization executed by Jack in the Box Inc.
- the first ever rated term securitization for a nationally known oil and gas company
- the first rated term securitization of unsecured personal loans originated in the United States
- the first rated term securitization of unsecured personal loans originated in multiple Caribbean jurisdictions
- the first rated term securitization of diamond inventory and related consignment sales proceeds
- the first asset-backed medium term note offering to be effected by a bankrupt company
- the development of the “rental car fleet financing structure” which is regularly used to raise billions of dollars of financing for major rental car companies
- the first cross border securitization involving Hong Kong dollar denominated credit card receivables
- the first securitization of airline ticket receivables
- the first securitization of trade receivables financed in the medium term note market
- the first cross border securitization involving Canadian dollar denominated auto dealer floorplan financing receivables
Generally, Frank has participated in the securitization of auto loans, consumer loans, commercial loans, commercial real estate properties and related leases, student loans, franchisee loans, mortgage loans, equipment loans, credit card receivables (both MasterCard/Visa and private label), trade receivables, equipment and vehicle leases, high-yield and other esoteric assets, such as royalty receivables, oil and gas production payments, diamonds and related sales proceeds, insurance broker and administrator fees, insurance premium finance contracts and intellectual property. He is experienced in structuring collateralized loan obligations, single-seller and multi-seller commercial paper vehicles, owner trusts, master trusts, grantor trusts, REMIC’s and off-shore and domestic special purpose vehicles that can issue a variety of debt and equity securities. He also has provided restructuring/ remediation/commutation advice relating to ABS, CMBS, CDS, CDOs/CLOs and other structured products and advice to clients in connection with the various provisions of reform legislation impacting structured products and the securitization industry.
Frank is consistently recognized as a leading lawyer for Securitization by Chambers USA and Chambers Global, where clients note he “is very experienced, very hands-on, and he is very good about thinking through new and unusual situations.” Frank is listed in the Structured Finance: Securitization “Hall of Fame” by Legal 500 US, where clients note he “is arguably the most knowledgeable structured finance partner in the business. He is exceptional and laser-focused on results.” He is also ranked as a “Market Leader” for Structured Finance and Securitization in the U.S. by IFLR1000. He was named among the 2019 Top 30 “Best of the Best” attorneys for Structured Finance & Securitization by Legal Media Group. Frank has also been named a “Best Lawyer” for Securitization and Structured Finance Law by Best Lawyers in America and has been recognized by Law Business Research’s International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance Lawyers.
Frank received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law and his B.A. from Columbia College.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Frank Nocco Named a “Leading” Lawyer for Securitization in the U.S. Award Brief — Chambers Global
- Frank Nocco Named a “Leading” Lawyer for Securitization in the U.S. Award Brief — Chambers USA
- Frank Nocco Named to the Structured Finance: Securitization “Hall of Fame” Award Brief — Legal 500 US
- Frank Nocco Recognized as a “Market Leader” for Structured Finance and Securitization in the U.S. Award Brief — IFLR1000
- Frank Nocco Named Top 30 “Best of the Best” Lawyers for Structured Finance & Securitization Award Brief — Legal Media Group
- Frank Nocco Named a "Best Lawyer" in the specialties of Corporate Law and Securitization and Structured Finance Law Award Brief — Best Lawyers in America
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Structured Finance Group Advises Guggenheim Securities on PureWest Energy’s Merger Acquisition Financing Deal Brief — June 05, 2023
- Weil Advised Guggenheim Securities in a $750M Issuance of 144A and Privately Placed Notes by Jonah Energy LLC Deal Brief — October 20, 2022
- Weil Represented The Actors Fund of America in its National Rebranding Campaign Deal Brief — May 19, 2022