- the first rated term securitization of unsecured personal loans
- the first asset-backed medium term note offering to be effected by a bankrupt company
- the development of the “rental car fleet financing structure” which is regularly used to raise billions of dollars of financing for major rental car companies
- the first cross border securitization involving Hong Kong dollar denominated credit card receivables
- the first securitization of airline ticket receivables
- the first securitization of trade receivables financed in the medium term note market
- the first cross border securitization involving Canadian dollar denominated auto dealer floorplan financing receivables
- the first securitization of home equity loans to employ a senior/subordinate master trust structure
Generally, Mr. Nocco has participated in the securitization of auto loans, commercial loans, commercial real estate properties and related leases, student loans, franchisee loans, mortgage loans, equipment loans, credit card receivables (both MasterCard/Visa and private label), trade receivables, equipment and vehicle leases, high-yield and other non-conventional assets, such as royalty receivables, oil and gas production payments, synthetic securities and various other derivative products, insurance premium finance contracts and intellectual property. He is experienced in structuring single-seller and multi-seller commercial paper vehicles, owner trusts, master trusts, grantor trusts, REMIC’s and off-shore and domestic special purpose vehicles that can issue a variety of debt and equity securities, including collateralized loan obligations (“CLOs”) and collateralized debt obligations (“CDOs”). He also has provided restructuring/remediation/commutation advice relating to ABS, CMBS, CDS, CDOs/CLOs and other structured products.
Mr. Nocco also provides advice to clients in connection with the various provisions of recent reform legislation impacting structured products and the securitization industry.
Mr. Nocco is continuously ranked as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets – Securitisation by Chambers USA and Chambers Global, and in Derivatives, Structured Finance and Securitisation by IFLR1000. He was also named a leading lawyer in Securitization and Structured Finance by Best Lawyers in America, Law Business Research’s International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, and Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance Lawyers.
Mr. Nocco received his J.D. from the Columbia University School of Law in 1988. He graduated from Columbia College in 1985.