Frank Nocco is Head of Weil's U.S. Structured Finance and Derivatives practice and is Co-Head of the Global Structured Finance and Derivatives practice and is based in New York. Mr. Nocco represents issuers, underwriters, placement agents, credit enhancers, investors and collateral managers in structured securities offerings, both in the United States and abroad.
As part of his practice, he has worked on many ground-breaking transactions, including:
- the first whole business securitization executed by Jack in the Box Inc.
- the first rated term securitization of unsecured personal loans originated in the United States
- the first rated term securitization of unsecured personal loans originated in multiple Caribbean jurisdictions
- the first rated term securitization of diamond inventory and related consignment sales proceeds
- the first asset-backed medium term note offering to be effected by a bankrupt company
- the development of the “rental car fleet financing structure” which is regularly used to raise billions of dollars of financing for major rental car companies
- the first cross border securitization involving Hong Kong dollar denominated credit card receivables
- the first securitization of airline ticket receivables
- the first securitization of trade receivables financed in the medium term note market
- the first cross border securitization involving Canadian dollar denominated auto dealer floorplan financing receivables
Generally, Mr. Nocco has participated in the securitization of auto loans, consumer loans, commercial loans, commercial real estate properties and related leases, student loans, franchisee loans, mortgage loans, equipment loans, credit card receivables (both MasterCard/Visa and private label), trade receivables, equipment and vehicle leases, high-yield and other esoteric assets, such as royalty receivables, oil and gas production payments, diamonds and related sales proceeds, insurance broker and administrator fees, insurance premium finance contracts and intellectual property. He is experienced in structuring collateralized loan obligations, single-seller and multi-seller commercial paper vehicles, owner trusts, master trusts, grantor trusts, REMIC’s and off-shore and domestic special purpose vehicles that can issue a variety of debt and equity securities. He also has provided restructuring/ remediation/commutation advice relating to ABS, CMBS, CDS, CDOs/CLOs and other structured products and advice to clients in connection with the various provisions of reform legislation impacting structured products and the securitization industry.
Mr. Nocco was named among the 2019 Top 30 “Best of the Best” attorneys for Structured Finance & Securitization by Legal Media Group. He is ranked as a “Leading Lawyer” for Structured Finance by Legal 500 US, a “Market Leader” for Derivatives, Structured Finance and Securitization in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and is consistently recognized as a leading lawyer for Securitization and for Derivatives by Chambers USA and Chambers Global. Mr. Nocco was also named a "Best Lawyer" for Securitization and Structured Finance by Best Lawyers in America, Law Business Research’s International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance Lawyers.
Mr. Nocco received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law and his B.A. from Columbia College.