Dan has extensive experience litigating high-stakes trial engagements nationwide. He has broad subject-matter expertise, including engagements involving commercial, antitrust, consumer protection, and criminal fraud claims.Dan likewise has extensive industry experience, encompassing companies in the virtual reality, social media, automotive, healthcare, financial, and telecommunications sectors.
Some of Dan’s recent experience includes*:
- Representing a major virtual reality company in a federal bench trial relating to a proposed acquisition of a virtual reality studio
- Representing a pharmacy defendant in a federal jury trial relating to the opioid epidemic
- Representing a major telecommunications company in a federal bench trial relating to a proposed acquisition of a major media company
- Representing a major social media company in civil litigation alleging consumer deception claims
- Representing a large automobile manufacturer in a nationwide class action alleging RICO and consumer protection violations
- Representing a large defense contractor in confidential arbitration proceedings
- Representing a large automobile manufacturer in a Department of Justice criminal fraud investigation
Dan also maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients in both Virginia and the District of Columbia in prisoners’ rights, immigration, and landlord-tenant matters.
Dan graduated Order of the Coif from the University of Virginia School of Law. In law school, he worked in the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia as part of the law school’s Prosecution Clinic.
Prior to law school, Dan graduated with high honors from the Honors College at Michigan State University with a degree in Economics.
Prior to joining Weil, Dan worked at another international law firm.
* includes matters handled prior to joining Weil
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Represents Meta in High-Stakes Trial Victory Over FTC Litigation Win — February 06, 2023
- Weil Advises The Kroger Company in its Pending $24.6B Merger with Albertsons Deal Brief — October 17, 2022