Cruz Wiles is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Cruz participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate matters.
Cruz has been part of the teams advising:
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in its pending acquisitions of Empire Access and North Penn Telephone Co Inc (together known as Empire)
- Blackstone in its acquisition of Certified Collectibles Group LLC
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of INW Manufacturing LLC and in INW's acquisition of Bee Health Ltd.; and kdc/one Development Corporation (kdc/one) in its acquisition of Zobele Holding S.p.A.
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, in, together with Thomson Reuters Corporation, the $27 billion sale of Refinitiv (f/k/a Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business)
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of a significant minority stake in CFGI, in a transaction that valued CFGI at $1.9 billion
- Goldman Sachs in its pending acquisition of NextCapital Group, Inc.
- J.C. Flowers and its portfolio company Jefferson Capital Systems in its acquisition of Canastream Holdings Ltd.
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Simplicity Group Holdings
- Oxford Properties Group (which is owned by OMERS) as an investor in the $1.6 billion capital raise for Lineage Logistics
- Snow Phipps Group (n/k/a TruArc Partners), together with PIMCO, in the acquisition of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock and warrants to purchase shares of common stock of Velocity Financial, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in the sale of THL Credit Advisors LLC to First Eagle Investment Management, LLC
- Thryv Holdings, Inc. (f/k/a Dex Media, Inc.) on its direct listing on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange and in its $200 million acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd.
Cruz received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law and his B.B.A. from University of Miami.