Cruz Wiles is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Cruz participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate matters.
Cruz has been part of the teams advising:
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in its pending acquisitions of Empire Access and North Penn Telephone Co Inc (together known as Empire)
- Blackstone in its acquisition of Certified Collectibles Group LLC
- Brookfield Asset Management in the separation of Brookfield Corporation and Brookfield Asset Management Ltd. and the listing of a 25% interest in Brookfield Asset Management Ltd, resulting in a standalone asset management business with a $50 billion market capitalization as of the separation date
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of INW Manufacturing LLC and in INW's acquisition of Bee Health Ltd
- Cornell Capital and its portfolio company kdc/one Development Corporation in the acquisition of Zobele Holding S.p.A.
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, in, together with Thomson Reuters Corporation, the $27 billion sale of Refinitiv (f/k/a Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business)
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone, GIC and Thomson Reuters in the sale of an approximately 4% stake (valued at approximately $2 billion) in London Stock Exchange to Microsoft
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of a significant minority stake in CFGI, in a transaction that valued CFGI at $1.9 billion
- Goldman Sachs in its acquisition of NextCapital Group, Inc.
- J.C. Flowers and its portfolio company Jefferson Capital Systems in its acquisition of Canastream Holdings Ltd.
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Simplicity Group Holdings
- Mudrick Capital Management and its portfolio company Thryv Holdings, Inc. in Thryv’s $200 million acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd.
- Oxford Properties Group (which is owned by OMERS) as an investor in the $1.6 billion capital raise for Lineage Logistics
- Snow Phipps Group (n/k/a TruArc Partners), together with PIMCO, in the acquisition of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock and warrants to purchase shares of common stock of Velocity Financial, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in the sale of THL Credit Advisors LLC to First Eagle Investment Management, LLC
- Thryv Holdings, Inc. (f/k/a Dex Media, Inc.) in its direct listing on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange
- TPG Inc. in its approximately $2.7 billion acquisition of Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P.
- York Holdings II Ltd and York Holdings III Ltd (owned by consortium CPP Investments, Blackstone, GIC Special Investments and Thomson Reuters) in its $2 billion sale of its minority stake in London Stock Exchange to Microsoft
Cruz joined Weil as a summer associate in 2018.
Cruz received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law and his B.B.A., magna cum laude, from University of Miami.