Courtney has been part of the teams advising on the following matters:
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (n/k/a Brookfield Corporation) in connection with the spin-off of a 25% interest in its asset management business through a newly listed company, Brookfield Asset Management Ltd., with a market value of more than $50 billion as of the spin-off date
- Advent International in the sale of Certinia Inc. (f/k/a FinancialForce.com, Inc.) to Haveli Software Management LLC and its portfolio company QW Holding Corp. (Quala) in Quala’s merger with Boasso Global, Inc., and Encora Digital Inc. in its acquisition of Excellarate
- Catalina Marketing Corporation, a digital media marketing company, in its prepackaged second chapter 11 cases with approximately $300 million in funded debt
- General Electric Company in a $5.5 billion senior unsecured term and revolving credit facility for GE Healthcare Holding LLC in connection with its spin-off from General Electric Company
- Genstar Capital in its formation of Genstar Capital Partners XI, L.P., a $12.6 billion buyout fund focused on investments in middle-market companies in North America
Courtney received her LL.M., with distinction, from Georgetown University Law Center and her J.D., magna cum laude, from University of Arkansas Law, where she was Staff Editor and Symposium Editor for Arkansas Law Review. She received her B.S., cum laude, from Arkansas State University.