Charles has been part of the teams advising:
- Chevron U.S.A. Inc. in its joint venture with Mercuria Energy Trading Inc. to acquire and operate American Natural Gas LLC
- DirecTV, LLC in its acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to the advertising sales business segment of DirecTV
- Goldman Sachs in its sale of Restaurant Technologies
- Leafly Holdings, Inc. in its business combination with Merida Merger Corp. I, a SPAC sponsored by Merida Capital Holdings
- PSG and its portfolio company Formstack, LLC in Formstack’s receipt of $425 million in new investments in a transaction led by Silversmith Capital Partners and PSG
- PSG and its portfolio company Vertical Knowledge L.L.C. in its sale to Babel Street, Inc. (a portfolio company of Veritas Capital Fund Management, L.L.C.)
- Sanofi in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Translate Bio, Inc.
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its investment in iProov Ltd.
- Trive Capital and its portfolio company Earthlink in its acquisition of One Ring Networks, Inc.
- Warburg Pincus, as a co-investor with One Equity Partners, in the formation of Eco Material Technologies Inc. through a business combination with Green Cement Inc. and the $1 billion acquisition of Boral Resources LLC
Prior to joining Weil, Charles was a Tax associate at another international law firm.
Charles received his J.D., cum laude, from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he served as a Staff Editor of the Journal of International Comparative, Policy & Ethics Law Review, and his B.A. from Beth Medrash Govoha.