Ali has been part of the teams advising:
- Ardian and its portfolio company Florida Food Products, Inc. in its acquisition of T-Bev, Inc.
- Blackstone in its $300 million acquisition of a minority stake in Recurrent Ventures Inc.; its $1 billion sale of Aqua Finance, Inc.; and its sale of Concert Golf Partners
- ICG Strategic Equity in a single asset transaction involving DigiCert
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisitions of TRICOR, LLC and a majority stake in iLendingDIRECT
- PSG in its acquisition of a majority stake in Traliant, LLC
- TPG Pace Solutions Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $4.5 billion business combination with Vacasa LLC
Ali received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was an Online Editor for the Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review and the Business and Development Editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law. He received his B.B.A., with high distinction, from the University of Michigan, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa.