Ali Habhab is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Ali participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ali has been part of the teams advising:
- Ardian and its portfolio company Florida Food Products, Inc. in its acquisition of T-Bev, Inc.
- Blackstone in its $300 million acquisition of a minority stake in Recurrent Ventures Inc.; its $1 billion sale of Aqua Finance, Inc.; and its sale of Concert Golf Partners
- Brookfield Asset Management’s acquisition of DWS Group’s Private Equity Solutions Secondaries business
- ICG Strategic Equity in a single asset transaction involving DigiCert
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisitions of TRICOR, LLC and a majority stake in iLendingDIRECT
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and its portfolio Company, APCO Holdings, in its acquisition of National Auto Care
- PSG in its acquisition of a majority stake in Traliant, LLC
- TPG Pace Solutions Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $4.5 billion business combination with Vacasa LLC
Ali received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was an Online Editor for the Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review and the Business and Development Editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law. He received his B.B.A., with high distinction, from the University of Michigan, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised Blackstone in its $1B Sale of Aqua Finance, Inc. Deal Brief — July 29, 2022
- Weil Advised Blackstone in its $300M Acquisition of a Minority Stake in Recurrent Ventures Inc. Deal Brief — May 18, 2022