Ryan C. Taylor is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. He has a diverse transactional and corporate counseling practice with an emphasis on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, restructurings, financings and dispositions. Mr. Taylor also advises clients on general corporate and commercial matters, including corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Chromaflo Technologies Corporation, Henry Company LLC, Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P., Emerald Performance Materials, FleetPride, Inc. and CPM Holdings, Inc.; in its acquisition and subsequent IPO of Metaldyne Performance Group, Inc.; and its sales of Arizona Chemical Holdings Corporation and Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- AMR, the parent company of American Airlines, in connection with its approximately $18 billion merger with US Airways Group
- Berkshire Partners in the creation of a joint venture with New Balance Holding, Inc. and the acquisition by such joint venture of The Rockport Company from adidas AG, as well as the acquisition of Drydock Footwear from New Balance Holding, Inc.
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc. from Littlejohn & Co.
- F.A.B. Partners LP in its $333 million take-private of CIFC LLC
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc. (n/k/a Black Knight, Inc.) and co-investment by Thomas H. Lee Partners LP, and IPO of Black Knight Financial Services, Inc, in an up-C structure
- General Atlantic in its sale of MeteoGroup Limited
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its investment in ThinkHR Corporation
- Irving Place Capital in its $415 million sale of Chromalox, Inc. to Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc
- Lee Equity Partners, indirectly through InterLuxe Holdings LLC, in the acquisition of certain entities which comprise the Mackage business; and in its sale of PDR Network, LLC
- Lindsay Goldberg and Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC in the $1.625 billion sale of Bluegrass to Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- NBC Universal and parent General Electric in connection with GE's $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast's cable channels and regional sports networks
- A New York-based private investment fund in its acquisition by affiliates of Apollo Global Management
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in, together with L Catterton and others, the sale of PetVet Care Centers, LLC
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Verizon Communications Inc. and its subsidiary Terremark in the acquisition of CloudSwitch
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its pending acquisition of a majority stake in Bentall GreenOak
Mr. Taylor received his J.D. from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law School, where he was recipient of the James B. Milner Medal, and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Yale University.