James Clarke acts principally for private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on leveraged acquisition financings and refinancing transactions. Based in Weil’s Paris office, James speaks French fluently and is dual-qualified under English law and French law.
Working closely with our European High Yield team, James has extensive experience of structuring French high yield financings, including transactions for DomusVi, Paprec and InfoPro. James has also worked on a number of high-profile restructurings in the French market, including Gerard Darel, Vivarte and Camaïeu.
- Recommended lawyer for Banking and Finance (Legal 500)
- “A key name for Banking & Finance in Paris” Legal 500
- “Notable practitioner for Banking” IFLR1000
- 3i’s acquisition of Evernex Group
- Ardian’s acquisitions of Revima and Ionisos
- Hayfin’s financing of Frans Bonhomme
- Astorg’s acquisition of IGM Resins and refinancing of Ethypharm
- OMERS’ acquisition of Trescal
- Montagu Private Equity/Astorg’s initial acquisition of Sebia, subsequent refinancing/repricing and portable exit refinancing
- Paprec’s senior secured note/ssRCF financing and subsequent tap issue for the acquisition of Coved
- Towerbrook’s acquisition of InfoPro and subsequent senior secured note/ssRCF refinancing
- Montagu’s acquisitions of Rexam Healthcare packaging division and Aqualung, and the refinancing of Arkopharma
- Sagard’s acquisition of TLD Alvest