Matt’s practice focuses on commercial transactions, financial restructuring, and insolvency matters.
Matt has experience acting for major financial institutions, private equity sponsors, corporate advisory firms and large multinational companies in contentious and non-contentious matters related to complex refinancing, voluntary administration and liquidation, schemes of arrangement and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Weil, Matt was an associate in the Financial Restructuring group of a leading U.S. law firm in London.
Representative experience from his previous firm includes:
- Advising an ad hoc group of bondholders regarding the refinancing of an international telecommunications provider via an English scheme of arrangement
- Advising a group of new money lenders on the financial restructuring of the NMC Healthcare Group, a healthcare chain in the United Arab Emirates, which was implemented by the first deed of company arrangement in the Abu Dhabi Global Market
- Advising Cerberus on the refinancing and recapitalisation of Haya Real Estate, a Spanish real estate management business, through an English scheme of arrangement
- Advising certain aircraft lessors on the restructuring of Garuda Indonesia, an Indonesian international airline, which was effected via an Indonesian restructuring process
- Advising Avanti Communications Group plc, a U.K. based satellite communications company, on its planned recapitalisation and change of control
- Advising the majority lender to Four Seasons Healthcare Group, a healthcare provider with over 100 care homes in the U.K., on restructuring and refinancing options with certain companies in administration