Fergus Kent is an associate in the Restructuring group in London. As part of the team, he specialises in UK and cross-border financial restructurings acting for debtors, banks, distressed fund investors and insolvency practitioners.
Prior to joining Weil, Fergus was a member of the Restructuring and Insolvency team at a leading international law firm in London.
- Advising an ad hoc group of secured lenders to the world’s largest regional aircraft lessor, Nordic Aviation Capital, in relation to its ongoing restructuring
- Advised an ad hoc group of senior creditors of UK based drilling and engineering contractor, KCA Deutag, in relation to the Group’s debt for equity swap, implemented through a scheme of arrangement in the UK
- Advising Doncasters, the aerospace and defence company, in relation to its restructuring
- Advising syncreon Group Holdings B.V., and its affiliates, in its cross-border balance sheet restructuring involving approximately $1.1 billion of funded debt, including English schemes of arrangement and associated chapter 15 and CCAA recognition proceedings
- Advising Follie Folli, the Greek-based jewellery designer, manufacturer and distributor, in relation to its restructuring
- Advising the administrators of Arjowiggins in relation to its management buy-out
- Advising the senior noteholder committee in the restructuring of Mriya Agro, a Ukrainian agricultural company*
*Experience gained at a previous firm