Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Bascoy was an associate in the restructuring group of an international law firm. Mr. Bascoy received his J.D. from Harvard Law School. He received his B.A., summa cum laude, from Duke University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. Mr. Bascoy is fluent in Spanish.
Most recently, he has been involved on teams advising:
- Scandinavian Airlines, an airline holding company based in Sweden in connection with its restructuring efforts.
- MediaMath Holdings Inc. and its affiliates, a leading provider of digital media trading technology and services, in connection with a comprehensive, out-of-court recapitalization transaction, through which certain existing shareholders and financial stakeholders committed to invest up to $150 million through a mix of new capital and a refinancing of existing debt.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc., one of the nation’s largest oilfield service companies with more than 2,400 employees, in connection with its chapter 11 cases and sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Speedcast International Limited, and its affiliates, a provider of remote communications and IT services, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Citibank N.A., in its capacity as DIP Agent and Prepetition Revolver and Term Loan Agent, in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.