James Ekwem is an associate in the Restructuring group in London. As part of the team, he specialises in UK and cross-border financial restructurings, acting for debtors, banks, distressed fund investors and insolvency practitioners.
Representative experience as part of a team includes advising:
- An ad hoc committee of holders of high yield bonds issued by Yandex in connection with its $1.25bn convertible bonds repurchase and equity issuance
- An ad hoc group of secured lenders to the world’s largest regional aircraft lessor, Nordic Aviation Capital, in relation to its restructuring
- Floatel International Ltd and its subsidiaries on its comprehensive, fully consensual balance sheet restructuring
- Doncasters, a leading worldwide supplier of high quality engineered components for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine and specialist automotive industries, in relation to its £1.22 billion restructuring
- Key noteholders on the restructuring of Abengoa’s cross-border facilities
- Pillarstone Europe LLP in its cross-border restructuring of Famar