Amanda Nowak is an Executive Compensation & Benefits associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Amanda participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the executive compensation, employee benefits and ERISA issues in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, initial public offerings and other strategic transactions.
Amanda has been part of the teams advising:
- APCO Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its acquisition of National Auto Care Corp
- Bain Capital together with Nextalia SGR S.p.A, in its acquisition of Deltatre from Bruin Capital Holdings, LLC
- Blue Star Innovation Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in TravelNet Solutions, Inc.
- Brookfield Business Partners in its pending $8 billion sale of Westinghouse Electric Company
- First Light Acquisition Group Inc. in its merger with Calidi Biotherapeutics, Inc.
- Lineage Logistics, LLC in its acquisition of Turvo Inc.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP) in its $221.6 million acquisition of a 25% stake in Sweetwater Royalties LLC from Orion Resource Partners
- OneSource Virtual in the sale of its PS and AMS businesses to Cognizant
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Accelerate Learning Inc.
- Px3 Partners in its acquisition of filtration from Celeros Flow Technology (a portfolio company of Apollo Global Management)
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its $300 million pending acquisition of Haystack Oncology
- Radwell International in its acquisition of Electrical Source Holdings (a portfolio company of Greenbriar Equity, Emerald Lake Capital and Golub Capital)
- Talen Energy Supply, LLC in its chapter 11 cases with approximately $5 billion in funded debt obligations
- The Kroger Company in its pending $24.6 billion merger with Albertsons Companies, Inc.
Previously, Amanda was an associate in Weil’s Restructuring practice.
Prior to joining Weil, Amanda served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert E. Grossman of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. Amanda received her J.D., with Honors, from the Emory University School of Law, where she served as a Notes and Comments Editor of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal.
Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises Px3 Partners on the Acquisition of the Filtration Division of Celeros Flow Technology Deal Brief — May 10, 2023
- Weil Advises The Kroger Company in its Pending $24.6B Merger with Albertsons Deal Brief — October 17, 2022