Mr. Machera’s clients include: Aterian Investment Partners, CCMP Capital, Goldman Sachs PIA, Snow Phipps, TPG Capital and Unigestion, and he has worked with many other private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies. Prior to joining the Firm, he served as an Associate General Counsel for Goldman Sachs. Mr. Machera started his career at Weil.
Mr. Machera has authored numerous articles and participated in speaking engagements addressing various trends and topics that affect the private equity industry, including an article that appeared in the New York Times DealBook.
- TPG in connection with the pending business combination by Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion
- Kendra Scott Design in its sale of a significant minority stake to Berkshire Partners
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Stewart Tubular Products, Inc.
- CCMP in its purchase of a majority interest in Octagon Credit Investors and in the acquisition by portfolio company Shoes for Crews of the SureGrip Footwear division of Genesco Inc.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Oak Hill Capital in its acquisitions of Dave & Busters and Ability Resources
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Arizona Chemical and Presidio
- Snow Phipps Group, LLC in its acquisition of ArrMaz Custom Chemicals, Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in connection with its minority investment in Duff Capital Advisors
- Providence Equity Partners in its joint venture with NBCUniversal and Fox in connection with the creation of Hulu, its take-private of Virtual Radiologic Corporation and of NightHawk Radiology Services, and its bid to take-private Clear Channel Communications
- GE Capital in its minority investments in Bobcat Gas Storage and Verified Identity Pass
- Univision Communications in its joint venture with Grupo Televisa, which involved a $1.2 billion investment by Grupo Televisa
- CVC in its proposed acquisition of ConvergEx
- DLJ Merchant Bank in its $600 million acquisition of United Site Services
- Lee Equity in its take-private of Deb Shops, Inc.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the sale of its interests in its real estate equity funds to management
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the sale of its interests in its real estate debt funds to Pacific Coast Capital Partners
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the sale of its interests in its merchant banking private equity funds to management and Reinet Investments
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the sale of its limited partner and general partner interests in R3 Capital Partners to the principals of R3 Capital Partners
- Man Group plc in its purchase of interests in the general partner and management company entities of Ore Hill Capital Partners and sale of 50% of its interests in Pemba Capital Partners
- Ospraie Management, LLC in its sale of interests in its general partner and management company entities to Credit Suisse First Boston Private Equity