Sachin Kohli is a partner in the Corporate Department of Weil’s New York office. Mr. Kohli has experience in all aspects of representing public and private companies, as well as private equity funds, in connection with acquisitions and divestitures. He is also involved in providing counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, defensive measures and other strategic considerations. Mr. Kohli was named a 2014, 2015 and 2016 “Rising Star” in Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers.
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Kinder Morgan in its $76 billion acquisition of all the outstanding equity securities of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, Kinder Morgan Management and El Paso Pipeline Partners
- DIRECTV in its $67 billion transaction with AT&T
- Intel Corporation in its $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera Corporation
- JAB Holding Company, as leader of an investment group, in that group's $13.9 billion take-private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- Media General Inc. in its $4.6 billion sale to Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and inVentiv Health, Inc. in THL’s sale of a 50% interest in inVentiv to Advent International, valuing inVentiv at $3.8 billion
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to EMC Corporation, in its $67 billion sale to Dell, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs, as financial advisors to XL Group plc, in its $4.1 billion acquisition of Catlin Group Limited
- Barclays, as financial advisor to Gentiva Health Services, Inc. in Gentiva's $1.8 billion sale to Kindred Healthcare, Inc., a provider of healthcare services and facilities
- Goldman Sachs in connection with its acquisition of PSAV Presentation Services
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in its minority investment in CSC ServiceWorks Holdings, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and Plano Molding Company in connection with their acquisition of Synergy Outdoor
- Health Management Associates in its $7.6 billion sale to Community Health Systems
- Fidelity National Financial in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc.
- Kinder Morgan in its $5 billion acquisition of Copano Energy LLC
- American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. in its approximately $9 billion unsolicited offer to purchase Cole Credit Property Trust III, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in connection with its acquisition of Plano Molding Company
- Special Committee of McMoRan Exploration in the $3.4 billion sale of the company as part of three-way merger with Freeport-McMoRan and Plains Exploration & Production Company – a deal with total transaction value of approximately $20 billion
- Lincare Holdings Inc. in its $4.6 billion acquisition by Linde Group of Germany
- Kinder Morgan in its $38 billion acquisition of El Paso Corporation
- LaBranche & Co Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Cowen Group, Inc.
- Verizon Communications in its $1.4 billion acquisition of Terremark Holdings
- Arca Contal in connection with the establishment of a Central and South American beverage bottling joint venture with Ecuador Bottling Company
- DIRECTV in its $28.5 billion stock-for-stock merger with Liberty Entertainment
- NBC Universal in its acquisition (together with Bain Capital and Blackstone Group) of The Weather Channel/Weather.com
Mr. Kohli is currently serving on the Corporations Law Committee of the New York City Bar.
Mr. Kohli received his J.D./M.B.A., magna cum laude, from the University at Buffalo, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Buffalo Law Review.