The Silicon Valley Office is a thriving contributor to Weil’s remarkable record of success. The office boasts “gold standard” practice groups in the areas of Patent Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity, Complex Commercial Litigation, Technology & IP Transactions, and Strategic IP Counseling. All practice groups in the Silicon Valley Office share a common passion for innovation and technology as well as a commitment to efficiency and excellence.
These values have earned the office an impressive client list, including such leading companies and private equity firms as Adobe, Applied Materials, Cisco, Core-Mark, eBay, Facebook, Genstar Capital, Getty Images, The Gores Group, Hewlett-Packard, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Life Technologies, Maxim Integrated, Micron, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Silver Lake, Summit Partners, Symantec, Synopsys, and Yahoo.
Awards and Recognition
- Weil named The Recorder's 2014 Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group of the Year in California
- Karen Ballack and Jane Ross named among the Top 100 Women Lawyers in California of 2015 by the Daily Journal
- Jane Ross named among the 50 Women Leaders in Tech Law by The Recorder in 2014
- Weil named Practice Group of the Year for 2014 by Law360 for Technology and M&A
- Only firm with three M&A partners from the same office – Richard Climan, Keith Flaum, and Jane Ross – named to the Daily Journal’s list of the Top 100 Lawyers in California for 2013 and 2014
- Only firm with two Band One-ranked partners – Karen Ballack and John Brockland – in Chambers USA in the category of California IT & Outsourcing
- With Craig Adas, Rick Climan, Keith Flaum, Kyle Krpata and Jane Ross ranked as leading lawyers in Chambers USA California Corporate/M&A section, Weil boasts the most partners in Silicon Valley recognized for Corporate/M&A
- Weil recommended for Patent Litigation in IAM Patent 1000 2014