The Silicon Valley Office is a thriving contributor to Weil’s remarkable record of success. The office boasts “gold standard” practice groups in the areas of Patent Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity, Complex Commercial Litigation, Technology & IP Transactions, and Strategic IP Counseling. All practice groups in the Silicon Valley Office share a common passion for innovation and technology as well as a commitment to efficiency and excellence. Weil has advised 63% of the 2015 Fortune 500 technology companies based in Silicon Valley.
These values have earned the office an impressive client list, including such leading companies and private equity firms as Adobe, Applied Materials, Cisco, Core-Mark, eBay, Facebook, Genstar Capital, Getty Images, The Gores Group, Hewlett-Packard, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Life Technologies, Maxim Integrated, Micron, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Silver Lake, Summit Partners, Symantec, Synopsys, and Yahoo.
Awards and Recognition
- Weil named The Recorder's 2014 Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group of the Year in California
- Karen Ballack and Jane Ross named among the Top 100 Women Lawyers in California of 2015 by the Daily Journal
- Karen Ballack, Anne Cappella and Jane Ross named among the 60 Women Leaders in Tech Law by The Recorder in 2015
- Weil named Practice Group of the Year for 2014 by Law360 for Technology and M&A
- Only firm with three M&A partners from the same office – Richard Climan, Keith Flaum, and Jane Ross – named to the Daily Journal’s list of the Top 100 Lawyers in California for 2013 and 2014
- Only firm with two Band One-ranked partners – Karen Ballack and John Brockland – in Chambers USA in the category of California IT & Outsourcing
- With Craig Adas, Rick Climan, Keith Flaum, Kyle Krpata and Jane Ross ranked as leading lawyers in Chambers USA California Corporate/M&A section, Weil boasts the most partners in Silicon Valley recognized for Corporate/M&A
- Weil recommended for Patent Litigation and Transactions in IAM Patent 1000 2015