Heather Emmel is a partner in the Firm’s Capital Markets practice in New York. Ms. Emmel primarily represents private equity and corporate clients globally in debt offerings (including high-yield debt, mezzanine debt and investment grade debt), equity offerings and other capital markets transactions in a variety of industries.
- PQ Corporation (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors), a global provider of specialty inorganic performance chemicals, high-end catalysts and engineered glass beads, in a $625 million senior secured 144A offering in connection with the reorganization and combination of PQ and Eco Group Services Holdings LLC (also a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors), a North American provider of sulfuric acid recycling services.
- Kronos Acquisition Holdings Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners), as the parent of KIK Custom Products, Inc., a provider of pool and spa treatment products, in its $390 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition by Centerbridge.
- OMERS Private Equity in a $405 million offering of senior notes to finance its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc., a provider of tank truck transporter and logistics services.
- Milacron Holdings Corp. (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors), a manufacturer of plastics processing technologies, metalworking fluids and aftermarket parts and services, in its $286 million initial public offering.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners), a specialty pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and distributes diagnostic medical imaging products, in its initial public offering.
- American International Group, Inc. in its $1.4 billion secondary offering of common shares of Springleaf Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Fortress Investment Group), a consumer finance company that operates through a nationwide branch network and through iLoan, an internet lending division.
- INC Research, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan), a global contract research organization exclusively focused on late stage clinical development services for the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries, in its $173 million initial public offering, and Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, as selling shareholders, in aggregate $1.1 billion secondary offerings and buyback of common shares of INC.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in a $200 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of Eco Services, a producer of virgin sulfuric acid and a developer of technologies that sustainably regenerate sulfuric acid for oil refineries.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in a $330 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of The Hillman Group, a provider of hardware-related products and merchandising services to retail markets.
- Blackboard, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners LLC), a developer and licensor of e-learning and related software applications to education institutions worldwide, in its $365 million senior notes offering.
- Centerbridge Partners in a $225 million senior notes offering to finance its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited (Ireland), a specialized provider of integrated logistics services to global industries.
- Milacron in a $465 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of Mold-Masters Limited.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in a $700 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in Party City, an owner, operator and franchisor of specialty party goods stores in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- General Growth Properties and its subsidiary, Rouse Properties, Inc., in its spinoff to its shareholders of 100% of the voting stock of Rouse. Rouse Properties, a newly formed REIT that held a portfolio of retail properties previously owned by GGP, became an independent corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Berkshire Partners and OMERS Private Equity in a $570 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance the acquisition of Husky Injection Molding Systems, a manufacturer of injection molding machines, molds and integrated systems.
- General Growth Properties in its historic $2.3 billion equity offering to fund its emergence from bankruptcy, one of the largest equity offerings by a REIT and the only such offering effectively undertaken while the issuer was in Chapter 11.
Ms. Emmel is recognized as a “Rising Star” in Capital Markets – Debt and Equity by IFLR1000 and is named a recommended lawyer for Capital Markets – High-Yield Debt and Equity by The Legal 500 US.
Ms. Emmel graduated from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1998, magna cum laude, where she was an articles editor for the Southern Methodist University Law Review. Prior to law school, Ms. Emmel was a Certified Public Accountant in the State of California.