Ms. Marcus has extensive experience with leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions, bridge and mezzanine financing, cash flow and asset-based lending, debtor-in-possession financing and loan restructurings and workouts. Ms. Marcus’ experience extends to such industries as energy (including E&P, midstream and energy service companies), sports franchises, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, business services and consumer products.
Recent Private Equity Finance Representations
- Centerbridge Partners in secured term and asset-backed revolving facilities to finance its acquisition of KIK Custom Products, Inc. (Canada).
- The Sterling Group in senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Process Equipment, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in $925 million first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc. and in senior secured multicurrency facilities to finance IPC Systems, Inc.’s acquisition of Etrali Trading Solutions (France).
- Lindsay Goldberg in a $715 million senior secured credit facility to finance its acquisition of Dealer Tire, LLC.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in $555 million senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Eco Services.
- Montagu Private Equity in first and second lien, senior secured multicurrency credit facilities to finance its acquisition the healthcare devices and prescription retail business divisions of Rexam PLC in the United States, Germany and France.
- Dexter Axle Company (a portfolio company of The Sterling Group) in more than $600 million of senior term, revolving and mezzanine facilities to finance its acquisitions of Alois Kober GmbH (Germany) and Quality/Century Holdings Corp.
- Southcross Holdings LP in $625 million senior secured credit facilities to finance the investment in Southcross by EIG Global Energy Partners and Tailwater Capital.
- Ennis-Flint Traffic Safety Solutions (a portfolio company of Brazos Investment Partners) in its $635 million first and second lien credit facilities.
Recent Corporate Borrower Representations
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in $860 million incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its $1.1 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc., in $1.3 billion incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its approximately £921 million acquisition of Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Limited (United Kingdom), in an amendment and restatement of its senior secured term facility to incrementally increase commitments by $500 million to finance in part its acquisitions of Odeon & UCI Cinemas and Carmike Cinemas, and in $675 million incremental term loan and $325 million bridge facility commitments to provide financing related to its pending $929 million acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group Holding AB (Sweden).
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2 billion bridge and $250 million incremental facilities to finance its acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC. and in an amendment and restatement of its asset-based revolving facility.
- Willis Group Holdings plc (United Kingdom) in a $400 million and €550 million delayed draw term facility to repay existing third party debt of Towers Watson & Co. in connection with its merger therewith, and to fund its acquisition of the remaining equity interests of Gras Savoye S.A. (France).
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV (The Netherlands) in connection with the negotiation of a new $500 term loan, the amendment and increase of its $800 million revolving credit facility and the amendment of its existing $1 billion term loan and $1.35 billion revolving credit facility, which are all investment grade facilities.
Recent Restructuring Representations
- Basic Energy Services, Inc., in its $164 million senior secured exit facility to exchange its pre-petition term loans for term loans under its amended and restated credit agreement following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- American Gilsonite Company (a portfolio company of Palladium Equity Partners), in a $30 million senior secured debtor-in-possession facility to provide liquidity during its bankruptcy proceedings and in a $30 million secured exit facility to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Vantage Drilling International (f/k/a Offshore Group Investment Limited), in senior secured letter of credit and term facilities to finance its exit from bankruptcy.
- Ad Hoc Committee of Second Lien Lenders in $200 million debtor-in-possession facilities for Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation to refinance existing first lien indebtedness and pay bankruptcy-related costs and in a senior secured exit facility for Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation, in connection with its emergence from chapter 11 proceedings.
- Endeavour International Corporation in a $440 million senior secured credit facility to refinance existing indebtedness.
Ms. Marcus has been recognized as a leading lawyer for Banking & Finance in Texas by Chambers USA since 2005 and is a Texas Monthly Super Lawyer. She has also been named a “Rising Star” in Banking & Finance by IFLR1000, a recommended lawyer in Bank Lending by The Legal 500 US, a Best Lawyer in America and a Best Texas Women Lawyer in Banking & Finance by Best Lawyers, one of D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas and Best Women Lawyers in Dallas and was named one of Dallas Business Journal’s 40 Under Forty in 2009. Ms. Marcus is a member of the Executive Committee and the Board of Governors of Texas Ballet Theater. She is also a member of the International Women’s Forum--Dallas, TheDallasAssembly and the Dallas Regional Chamber’s Board of Advisors.