Mr. Adas has been recognized as a leading lawyer in both M&A and private equity by Chambers USA, with sources noting his “very pragmatic approach to transactions” as well as his ability to “take into account not just legal issues but also business issues.” He has also been recognized in Legal 500 in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions and was named to the Daily Journal’s 2014 list of Top Private Equity Lawyers.
Representative Recent Transactions:
- Infinite RF Holdings, Inc. a portfolio company of Genstar Capital in its acquisition of L-Com, Inc.
- Yahoo in various acquisitions including Flurry, Inc., MSKYNET, ThumbsUp Labs and Tomfoolery.
- Vonage in various acquisitions including Nexmo, Telesphere Networks Ltd., Vocalocity, Inc. and SimpleSignal, Inc.
- Maxim Integrated Products in various acquisitions including Scintera Networks, Mobilygen Corp., Innova Card and the Wireless Central and Secured Transactions business lines of ZILOG.
- Symantec Corp. in various acquisitions including LiveOffice LLC and GuardianEdge Technologies.
- Getty Images in its “go private” transaction and its subsequent sale by Hellman & Freidman to The Carlyle Group.
- Silver Lake in various acquisitions including Velocity Technology Enterprises, ForeFlight LLC and Titan Technology Partners Ltd.
- Genstar Capital in various leveraged buyouts including Pretium Packaging, Tecomet, Evolution Benefits, Voice Construction, Confie Seguros, ConvergeOne and TravelClick.
- CPU Technology, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its sale to The Boeing Company.
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. in various acquisitions including Pine State Convenience, Forrest City Grocery Co., Finkle Distributors and J.T. Davenport & Sons.
- Macquarie Capital in its joint venture with Dickey Publishing to acquire Modern Luxury Media.
- Sequoia Capital in various growth equity investments.
- Evercore in connection with SingTel’s acquisition of Trustwave Holdings.