We advise many of the largest private equity firms in the region – such as Advent, Providence Equity, THL, Berkshire Partners, and Summit Partners – on their most significant matters. One of the pillars of Weil’s global strategy is to provide these firms with world-class advice based on our deep PE experience. We have a team that regularly handles both deal execution and fund formation matters for PE firms.
We also represent clients in high-stakes commercial litigation and white collar matters, and other complex business disputes.
Awards and Recognition
- Shayla Harlev named to Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s “Top Women of Law” List in 2014.
- Weil’s Boston office was included in “The New England 50,” a list of the biggest offices in the region among NLJ 350 law firms, by The National Law Journal in 2014.
- Shayla Harlev named an “Up and Coming” lawyer for Corporate/M&A and Private Equity: Buyouts: Massachusetts in Chambers USA 2014 and a Private Equity “Rising Star” by IFLR1000 2014.
- Kevin Sullivan recognized as Private Equity “Rising Star” by IFLR1000 2014 and named a leading lawyer for Private Equity: Buyouts in Massachusetts by Chambers USA.
- Marilyn French recognized in Chambers USA 2005-2014 in the field of Private Equity.
- David Kreisler named "Best Lawyer" in Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law The Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Patrick O’Toole named a "Leading" Lawyer for Litigation: General Commercial: Massachusetts, Chambers USA 2013