We advise many of the largest private equity firms in the region – such as Advent, Providence Equity, THL, Berkshire Partners, and Summit Partners – on their most significant matters. One of the pillars of Weil’s global strategy is to provide these firms with world-class advice based on our deep PE experience. We have a team that regularly handles both deal execution and fund formation matters for PE firms.
We also represent clients in high-stakes commercial litigation and white collar matters, and other complex business disputes.
Awards and Recognition
Weil’s Boston office has been recognized every year since it opened as a leading firm for Corporate/M&A and Private Equity: Buyouts by Chambers USA.
Other accolades include:
- Kevin J. Sullivan named 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law in Boston by Best Lawyers in America.
- Weil ranked Tier 1 in Boston and Nationwide for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms.”
- Consistently recognized as leading lawyers for Private Equity: Buyouts by Chambers USA. — Marilyn French Shaw, Kevin J. Sullivan and Shayla Harlev
- Marilyn French Shaw named among the 2015 “Dealmakers of the Year” by The American Lawyer, to Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s “Top Women of Law” List in 2015 and as a leading lawyer for Private Equity by IFLR1000.
- Kevin J. Sullivan recognized by Legal 500 US for Private Equity: Buyouts in the U.S. and as a "Best Lawyer" for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law by Best Lawyers in America.
- Shayla Harlev named a Private Equity “Rising Star” by IFLR1000.
- Patrick O’Toole recognized as a leading lawyer for Litigation: General Commercial: Massachusetts by Chambers USA.
- Weil’s Boston office included in “The New England 50,” a list of the biggest offices in the region among NLJ 350 law firms, by The National Law Journal.
Pro Bono Initiatives and Community Service
Community service is deeply ingrained in the culture of Weil's Boston office, and our lawyers are closely involved with local charities and community groups. Partners and associates currently serve on boards and committees of many non-profit organizations, including The United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, City Year, The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MSPCA) and The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Our pro bono clients include numerous referrals from Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), The Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation (MLAC), Lawyers Clearinghouse, Edesia Global Nutrition Solutions, Longwood Symphony Orchestra, Alternatives for Community & Environment and Inner City Weightlifting. We also serve as outside general counsel to The United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley and The Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation (MLAC). The Boston office was honored for its dedication to pro bono service at the Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s 2014 Excellence in the Law Awards.