Glenn West is the Managing Partner of the Dallas office and a member of the Firm's Management Committee. Mr. West is dual-qualified as a U.S. lawyer and an English solicitor.
Mr. West has developed a diverse corporate practice both nationally and internationally. He regularly represents private equity firms in acquiring and making investments in public and private companies. Mr. West also represents public and private companies (including the portfolio companies of private equity firms) in acquisitions and financings; and he is regularly called upon to provide general corporate and crisis management advice to boards and their management. Mr. West has also developed an expertise in the acquisition and financing of sports teams and their facilities.
Representative private equity and merger and acquisition transactions include:
- AMR Corporation, the parent of American Airlines, in American’s approximately $18 billion merger with US Airways
- PetroLogistics and its parent, Propylene Holdings LLC (an indirect portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg and York Capital) in its $2.1 billion sale to Flint Hills Resources (a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.), a refining, chemicals and bio-fuels company
- LIN Media’s $2.6 billion merger with Media General, Inc.
- LIN TV Corporation’s merger with and into LIN Media LLC
- Apache Corporation in its $2.95 billion sale of a stake in its Egypt oil and gas business to, and the formation of a joint venture with, Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation
- Affiliates of HM Capital in the sale and purchase of the food and consumer products segment of the investment portfolio of HM Capital’s Sector Performance Fund
- Special Committee of Titanium Metals Corporation in its $2.9 billion sale to Precision Casparts Corporation
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Continental Resources, Inc. in Continental’s acquisition of the oil assets of Wheatland Oil, Inc.
- NYDJ Apparel, LLC (a portfolio company of Falconhead Capital LLC) in its sale of a controlling interest of the company to Crestview Partners and Maybrook Capital Partners.
Representative sports related transactions include:
- the acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of the Texas Rangers Major League Baseball Club
- the acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of the Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Club
- the acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of the Dallas Stars Hockey Club
- the acquisition and financing of the Liverpool Football Club & Athletic Grounds
- the project financing for the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas
Mr. West received the “Adviser Dealmaker of the Year” 2014 M&A Award by Association of Corporate Growth & DCEO Magazine. Mr. West was also named Best Lawyers’ 2013 Dallas Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer of the Year and 2010 Dallas Corporate Lawyer of the Year, was ranked #1 in Corporate/M&A in Texas and also as a leading lawyer for private equity nationwide by Chambers USA 2010 – 2014. Mr. West was also named a leading lawyer for US Private Equity: Buyouts by Chambers Global 2012 – 2014. Additionally, he was named a 2013 BTI Client Service All-Star by BTI Consulting Group for delivering superior client service to Fortune 1000 clients.
In 2009 and in 2012 Mr. West received the Burton Award for Legal Writing Achievement. Mr. West is a frequent speaker and has authored numerous Private Equity and M&A related articles.
Mr. West is an Adjunct Professor of Law at SMU Law School and Texas Tech Law School, where he teaches a class on practice skills. He is also on the Board of the Vogel Alcove Foundation, a charitable foundation supporting the work of the Vogel Alcove Childcare Center for the Homeless.