Representative private equity and merger and acquisition transactions include:
- LG Aviv LP, an affiliate of Lindsay Goldberg LLC and a major shareholder of Aviv REIT, Inc., in Aviv REIT’s $3 billion merger with Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg LLC, in its investment in Dealer Tire, LLC
- AMR Corporation, the parent of American Airlines, in American’s approximately $18 billion merger with US Airways
- PetroLogistics and its parent, Propylene Holdings LLC (an indirect portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg and York Capital) in its $2.1 billion sale to Flint Hills Resources
- LIN Media’s $2.6 billion merger with Media General, Inc.
- LIN TV Corporation’s merger with and into LIN Media LLC
- Apache Corporation in its $2.95 billion sale of a stake in its Egypt oil and gas business to, and the formation of a joint venture with, Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation
- Affiliates of HM Capital in the sale and purchase of the food and consumer products segment of the investment portfolio of HM Capital’s Sector Performance Fund
- Special Committee of Titanium Metals Corporation in its $2.9 billion sale to Precision Casparts Corporation
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Continental Resources, Inc. in Continental’s acquisition of the oil assets of Wheatland Oil, Inc.
- NYDJ Apparel, LLC (a portfolio company of Falconhead Capital LLC) in its sale of a controlling interest of the company to Crestview Partners and Maybrook Capital Partners
- Kainos Capital in its acquisition of JTM Foods LLC, and in the sale of its portfolio company, Healthcare Solutions, Inc., to Catamaran Corporation
- Apco Oil & Gas International, Inc. (a subsidiary of WPX Energy, Inc.) in its $430 million sale to Pluspetrol Black River
Representative sports related transactions include:
- the acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of the Texas Rangers Major League Baseball Club
- the acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of the Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Club
- the acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of the Dallas Stars Hockey Club
- the acquisition and financing of the Liverpool Football Club & Athletic Grounds
- the project financing for the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas
Mr. West received the 2014 “Adviser Dealmaker of the Year” Award by Association of Corporate Growth & DCEO Magazine. Mr. West was also named Best Lawyers’ 2013 Dallas Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer of the Year and 2010 Dallas Corporate Lawyer of the Year, was ranked #1 in Corporate/M&A in Texas and also as a leading lawyer for private equity nationwide by Chambers USA 2010 – 2015. Mr. West was also named a leading lawyer for U.S. Private Equity: Buyouts and U.S. Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global 2012 – 2015. Additionally, he was named a 2013 BTI Client Service All-Star by BTI Consulting Group for delivering superior client service to Fortune 1000 clients.
In 2009 and in 2012 Mr. West received the Burton Award for Legal Writing Achievement. Mr. West is a frequent speaker and has authored numerous Private Equity and M&A related articles.
Mr. West is an Adjunct Professor of Law at SMU Law School and Texas Tech Law School, where he teaches a class on practice skills. He is also on the Board of the Vogel Alcove Foundation, a charitable foundation supporting the work of the Vogel Alcove Childcare Center for the Homeless.