Notable Representations, Key Contacts
Our clients benefit from our:
Fully integrated offering
- Execute across all financing structures through our leading private equity finance team
- Help clients raise funds in time critical situations and efficiently through our market leading fund formation team
- Provide clients best-in-class tax and executive compensation and employee benefits advice
- In addition, we provide a full service to our private equity clients encompassing restructuring, governance, antitrust, employment, litigation, and intellectual property.
Ability to execute private equity transactions for new types of buyers
Strong partnering skills
Deep bench of private equity experts
- Advent International and Bain Capital, together with Clessidra, on the €2.15 billion acquisition of Istituto Centrale delle Banche Popolari Italiane, and subsequently on the €1.1 billion acquisition of Setefi Services and Intesa Sanpaolo Card
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners) in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc. and €1 billion acquisition of Senvion SE
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition, alongside the management team, of Linxens France SA, a designer and manufacturer of smart card connectors, from Astorg Partners
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc.
- Gores Holdings, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its acquisition of Hostess Brands, LLC in a transaction valued at approximately $2.3 billion.
- HNA Group Co. on its CHF 2.73 billion acquisition of Swissport from PAI Partners
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of real estate assets and their operating platform to Prologis Inc.
- Advent International and Bain Capital in their acquisition of WorldPay, the global merchant services division of Royal Bank of Scotland and one of the world's largest payment processors
- Blackstone Group and Lion Capital on their acquisition and subsequent sale of the European soft drinks business of Orangina Schwepps
- The Gores Group in its joint venture with Premier Foods Plc to develop Premier Foods' baking and milling business in which The Gores Group will take a majority stake
- Montagu Private Equity in its acquisition and sale of the Healthcare Devices and Prescription Retail business division of Rexam PLC (n/k/a Centor US)
- Advent International and Bain Capital in a dual track process leading to the IPO of Worldpay on the London Stock Exchange
- Grupo ONO in the dual-track process culminating in the €7.2 billion sale of Spanish telecoms company ONO to Vodafone
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and inVentiv Health, Inc. in THL’s sale of a 50% interest in inVentiv to Advent International, valuing inVentiv at $3.8 billion.
- TPG Capital, L.P. and DLJ Merchant Banking Funds in their €3.06 billion sale of an 87.5% share in Grohe Group S.à r.l. to LIXIL Group Corporation
- Advent International Corporation in its approximately $845 million acquisition of an approximately 14% stake in lululemon athletica, inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited
- North Bridge Growth Equity in its minority investment in OutSystems S.A.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its minority investment in MOD Pizza LLC
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its minority investments in Anju Software, GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc. and LogicMonitor Inc.
- Technology Crossover Ventures in its minority investments in Avalara, Inc., NewVoiceMedia Limited, OneSource Virtual, Inc., Vice Media, Inc. and WorldRemit
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in the take privates of Noah Education Holdings Ltd. and Giant Interactive Group
- Boyu Capital Management Ltd., as a member of a consortium, in the approximately $3.3 billion take private of WuXi PharmaTech Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion take private of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Inc.
- JAB Holding Company, as leader of an investment group, in that group’s $13.9 billion take private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in, together with Harvest Partners, the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with DTI (Document Technologies Inc.)
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of a stake in Brit plc from Fairfax
- Providence Equity Partners, together with WPP Group plc, in the take private of Chime Communications plc by way of UK scheme of arrangement
Ranked Top 5 for Global Private Equity for the last 5 years
Global Co-Head of Private Equity Douglas Warner named Private Equity MVP
Co-Managing Partner of the Boston office Marilyn French Shaw named a “Dealmaker of the Year” for her role in advising Advent International in its acquisition of Australian-style yogurt company, Noosa Yoghurt
The American Lawyer 2015
Their international offering is very important to us - they have the ability to work in numerous different jurisdictions, and are experienced in handling a variety of different types of transactions.”
Chambers USA 2016
They've got very talented individuals who have tremendous market insight and expertise. The firm itself has tremendous resources, which it can bring to bear in any area required.”
Chambers USA 2016
They do a great job weighing risks; not just telling us what the risks are, but helping us assess the situation. They're able to help us assess those risks better because they have a much better feel for market.”
Chambers USA 2016
The team scores “11 out of 10” for its “responsiveness,” "technical strength” and “good business strength,” and it “knows what is commercially important.”
Legal 500 US
Private Equity Practice Group of the Year
Law360 2012 and 2014
Band 1 for Private Equity Global-wide, Asia-Pacific-wide, and Across Europe
Chambers Global, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Chambers Europe, Chambers UK
Tier 1 for Private Equity in the U.S.
Band 1 for Private Equity – UK
Chambers UK 2016, The Legal 500 UK 2015 and IFLR1000 UK 2016
Private Equity Law Firm of the Year
Best Lawyers in Germany 2016
Band 1 for Private Equity – Hong Kong
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 and IFLR1000 2016
Recipient of Private Equity “Deal of the Year” Award
China Law & Practice 2015
Three lawyers named to “Legal Power 30” list of the 30 most influential private equity lawyers in the world today
Private Equity Manager
Private Equity Client Program and Global Private Equity Watch blog named among the most “Innovative” Business of Law Initiatives of the Year
FT North America Innovative Lawyers Report