His practice focuses on advising financial institutions, private equity sponsors and portfolio companies on leveraged financings, including bridges and restructurings. He also acts for a broad range of debt funds, private credit investors and other alternative capital providers, advising them on all forms of senior and subordinated financing products, including direct lending and unitranche transactions.
Tom has worked for extended periods on secondment at Goldman Sachs and HSBC in their leveraged finance teams.
Tom was recognised as a “Star Associate” by Chambers UK 2013 and 2014, an ‘Up and Coming Partner’ in 2015 and is now ranked in Band 5 with clients describing him as “very effective” and being “able to influence the process and drive it forward” and one source stating: “He’s one of our absolute go-tos. He has the ability to be constructive, build consensus, and has good common sense and judgement.”
Prior to joining Weil, Tom was a member of the banking team at a leading City firm where he also trained.
Representative experience includes acting for:
- Advent International on various acquisitions, refinancings, recapitalisations and bids including Mediq, Logoplaste, Allnex/Nuplex, Ammeraal Beltech, Crompton Greaves Electrical, DFS, Equiniti, KMD, Proserv, Prezzo, Synlab, and Cytec Industries
- Ardian on the financing of its acquisition of Envision Pharma
- Goldman Sachs Principal Investments Area on various financings including Element Materials and Calypso Technologies
- Goldman Sachs, RBS and HSBC on the £395million financing in connection with PIA’s and Park Square’s acquisition (via a restructuring) of Northgate NGA Human Resources
- Goldman Sachs on the financing for CVC’s £800 million acquisition of Sky Bet from Sky plc
- Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank on the €400 million high yield and super senior RCF financing for PAI’s acquisition of DomusVi
- Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas and UniCredit on the €1.1 billion European 1st/2nd lien financing for EQT’s bid for Wild flavours
- Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas, Citibank and Credit Suisse on the €3.8 billion European TLB/bond financing for Dering Capital’s proposed acquisition of TdF
- Arrangers on the financing of General Atlantic’s acquisition of Argus Media
- Ares Management Limited on the refinancing by TDR of David Lloyd
- Ares Management Limited on the £135 million PIK financing for the take private of Daisy Group plc
- Charterhouse on the financing of its acquisition of Armacell
- Oaktree on the financing of its acquisition of Evac