Corporate Transactions: Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Defending health insurers in a wide variety of class actions and significant multi-district and other multi-jurisdictional litigation, where we have either defeated the class or won on summary judgment.
- Representing corporations and individuals in investigations and criminal, regulatory and civil proceedings by governmental authorities and qui tam plaintiffs.
- Advising with respect to antitrust issues resulting from our unique combination of public and private enforcement experience, including a broad range of transactional, counseling and litigation matters, and virtually every conceivable antitrust issue involving stakeholders throughout the healthcare system.
- Defending healthcare companies, and their officers and directors, in shareholder class and derivative litigation in courts around the country.
- Managing and litigating a wide array of ERISA matters, including private class actions, investigations and enforcement actions commenced by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and other administrative agencies.
Life Sciences Litigation
#3 in U.S. Healthcare M&A with $115 billion in transaction value and 32.8% market share in Thomson Reuters’ 2015 year-end League Tables
Co-Head of Securities Litigation John Neuwirth named “Litigator of the Week” for securing victories for Sanofi
The Am Law Litigation Daily 2016
Corporate Department Chairman Michael Aiello and head of Antitrust/Competition named “Trailblazers” in M&A and Antitrust, respectively for notable representations on behalf of clients such as Sanofi, Omnicare and Health Management Associates
National Law Journal 2016
Weil Named a “Leading” Firm for Healthcare: Life Sciences
Legal 500 US
In 2012, The American Lawyer featured Diane Sullivan in its “Litigator of the Year” edition, noting that she “isn’t a hired gun; she’s more like a hired bazooka repeatedly parachuting into high-stakes cases leading up to trial and securing victories.”