Awards and Recognition
- Weil Ranks in Top 5 for M&A and #1 for PE Across the Globe in Q1 2014 League Tables
- Weil Named to National Law Journal’s 2013 Pro Bono Hot List
- Law360 Names Weil Among Top Firms in Six Different Practice Groups in 2013
- Weil Wins Bankruptcy Team of the Year at Chambers USA Awards for Excellence
- Garrett Fail and Allison Liff Named Among 40 Under 40 by M&A Advisor
– May 2014
- Yehudah Buchweitz recognized as one of New York Law Journal’s 2014 Rising
Stars – May 2014
- Three Weil attorneys profiled as Law360 2014 Rising Stars: David Herman (Real Estate), Matthew Gilroy (M&A), and Chayim Neubort (Tax) – April 2014
Pro Bono Initiatives and Community Service
In 2013 Weil worked with The Legal Aid Society to help Superstorm Sandy victims with submitting appeals to FEMA on behalf of individuals whose homeowner insurance claims were denied, as well as serving as co-counsel on a class-action suit against New York City when it moved to evict about 1,000 displaced storm victims living in hotels through a temporary shelter program. Weil teams also helped to restore funding for rental assistance programs that help low-income families avoid eviction and homelessness, and secured urgent surgery for a New York State prison inmate.
Weil and attorneys from the New York office also received The Legal Aid Society’s 2012 Innovative Pro Bono Initiative Award, which honors a law firm that establishes a pro bono project or specialty that uniquely meets the critical legal needs of low-income New Yorkers.