Mr. Griffin’s recent experience includes representing:
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Applied Materials, Inc. in its $29 billion combination with Tokyo Electron Limited and its $4.9 billion acquisition of Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates
- Oracle Corporation in its $9.3 billion acquisition of NetSuite, $5.3 billion acquisition of MICROS Systems, $663 million acquisition of Textura Corporation and $532 million acquisition of Opower, Inc.
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.75 billion acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC
- LIN Media in its combination with Media General Inc. in a transaction valued at $2.6 billion
- zulily, inc. in its $2.4 billion sale to Liberty Interactive
- Gores Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Hostess Brands, LLC, a transaction valued at approximately $2.3 billion
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Approach Resources Inc. in its $130 million initial exchange of senior notes held by the majority noteholder for new common shares of Approach, and a follow-on exchange offer for the remaining notes for new common shares of Approach
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals in its $1 billion acquisition of Gentium S.p.A.
- Merz Pharma Group in its topping bid to acquire Obagi Medical Products
- Riverbed Technology in its $1 billion acquisition of OPNET Technologies
- Synopsys, Inc. in its $500 million acquisition of Magma Design Automation and acquisitions of the assets of Goanna Software Pty Ltd (d/b/a Red Lizard Software) and the low power Bluetooth wireless IP and related assets from Silicon Vision Technologies Ltd and Silicon Vision LLC Egypt
- Blackboard Inc. in its $1.6 billion sale to Providence Equity Partners
- Brink’s Home Security in its $2 billion sale to Tyco International
Mr. Griffin has been recognized as a leader in mergers and acquisition and corporate governance law, having been named as one of the leading lawyers in mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance by The International Who’s Who of Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyers and The International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers. Mr. Griffin has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance since 2008, and is recommended for M&A for Mega-Deals ($1bn+) in the United States by Legal 500 US.
Mr. Griffin is a frequent speaker on merger and acquisition topics, and has appeared at a number of national level programs, including the International Bar Association's Mergers and Acquisitions Conference, the University of Texas Mergers and Acquisitions Institute, and numerous programs sponsored by the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the ABA. He has also participated in M&A-related presentations at Pepperdine University School of Law, as well as the Stanford and University of Pennsylvania Law Schools.
Mr. Griffin serves as Vice Chair of the American Bar Association's Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, which comprises more than 4,000 M&A specialists from all over the world. Mr. Griffin previously served as Chair of the Committee’s Subcommittee on Public Company Acquisitions and M&A Market Trends Subcommittee.