Doug’s clients include: Centerbridge; Credit Suisse; CVC; DLJ Merchant Bank; EQT; Eton Park; J.C. Flowers; Lee Equity; Oak Hill Capital; the Public Sector Pension Investment Board, Snow Phipps Group and TPG.
Mr. Warner was named a 2015 Private Equity “MVP” by Law360. Chambers USA consistently recognizes Doug as a leading private equity lawyer, where he is described as being sought after by clients for his “tremendous knowledge of the marketplace and straightforward approach,” and for being “very responsive and proactive” and “a very commercial lawyer with creative solutions to sticky situations.”
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a portfolio company of Cinven, CVC Capital and Oak Hill Capital) in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Funds affiliated with Blackstone Tactical Opportunities (an affiliate of The Blackstone Group L.P.) in a strategic investment in The PMI Group, Inc. together with a commitment to provide working capital financing in exchange for warrants and certain other rights
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of KIK Custom Products, Inc., its $1.2 billion acquisition of Senvion SE, its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, its $1.1 billion take private of P.F. Chang’s, its acquisitions of Rock Bottom Restaurants and Gordon Biersch Brewery Group, its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited and its investment in Capmark to fund the acquisition of Bluestem Brands
- Credit Suisse in its joint venture with GE to form Global Infrastructure Partners, its joint venture with GE and Mubadala to form Mubadala Middle East North Africa Fund and its joint venture with Dow Jones to form the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Indices
- CVC as leader of an investor group committing $1.05 billion to fund Endurance Specialty Holdings’ bid to acquire Aspen Insurance Holdings, in its acquisition of Cunningham Lindsey and its proposed acquisition of ConvergEx
- DLJ Merchant Bank in its $1.2 billion take private of Jostens, its $600 million acquisition of United Site Services, its $420 million acquisition of Specialized Technology Resources, and its $1.3 billion sale of Accellent
- EQT Infrastructure in its sale of Restaurant Technologies, Inc. to a group of investors led by Aurora Capital Group and in its acquisitions of WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems from CHS Capital and Direct ChassisLink Inc. from Littlejohn & Co.
- JC Flowers & Co. in a Series C financing for Kreditech Holding SSL GmbH
- Lee Equity in its acquisitions of Papa Murphy's, Captive Resources, Skopos Financial, Cross MediaWorks and Jason Wu, and in its sale of PDR Network, LLC
- Oak Hill Capital in its acquisitions of Southern Air, Ability Resources and Dave & Busters and its $4.2 billion sale of RSC Holdings
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in its investments in XPO Logistics, Telesat Canada and Noodles & Company; its equity participation in the $6.3 billion take private of Kinetic Concepts; and its acquisition with Lightyear Capital of AIG Advisor Group Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its equity participation in the $3.8 billion take private of Laureate Education, its acquisitions of Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, Electric Guard Dog, FeraDyne Outdoors, ZeroChaos, WorkForce Logic, Velvet and HCTec, its acquisition and disposition of ArrMaz Chemicals, and its acquisition of Mesa Foods by its portfolio company Teasdale Foods
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in their acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
Doug was one of the group of partners that founded the Firm’s London office in 1996 and was based in London from 1996 to 2001.
Doug is consistently recognized in private equity by Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Legal 500 US, IFLR1000, Practical Law Company, and Best Lawyers in America.