Doug Warner is head of the Firm's U.S. Private Equity practice and co-head of the Firm's Global Private Equity practice. He has represented private equity sponsors and hedge funds in connection with acquisitions, dispositions and financings for over 20 years. He has extensive experience in leveraged buyouts and dispositions of both public and private U.S. and European companies as well as minority investments. He also has extensive experience in acquisitions, dispositions, and restructurings of bankrupt companies.
Mr. Warner has represented numerous private equity sponsors and hedge funds, including Centerbridge, Credit Suisse, CVC, DLJ Merchant Bank, Eton Park, Lee Equity, Oak Hill Capital, Ospraie Management, the Public Sector Pension Investment Board, and Snow Phipps Group.
- CVC as leader of an investor group committing $1.05 billion to fund Endurance Specialty Holdings’ bid to acquire Aspen Insurance Holdings
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion take private of P.F. Chang's and its acquisitions of Rock Bottom Restaurants and Gordon Biersch Brewery Group and its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited
- Credit Suisse in its joint venture with GE to form Global Infrastructure Partners, its joint venture with GE and Mubadala to form Mubadala Middle East North Africa Fund and its joint venture with Dow Jones to form the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Indices
- CVC in its acquisition of Cunningham Lindsey and its proposed acquisition of ConvergEx
- DLJ Merchant Bank in its $1.2 billion take private of Jostens, its $600 million acquisition of United Site Services, its $420 million acquisition of Specialized Technology Resources and its $1.3 billion sale of Accellent
- Lee Equity in its acquisitions of Papa Murphys, Captive Resources, Skopos Financial and Cross MediaWorks
- Oak Hill Capital in its acquisitions of Southern Air, Ability Resources and Dave & Busters and its $4.2 billion sale of RSC Holdings
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in its investments in Telesat Canada and Noodles & Company and its equity participation in the $6.3 billion take private of Kinetic Concepts
- Snow Phipps Group in its equity participation in the $3.8 billion take private of Laureate Education, its acquisitions of FeraDyne Outdoors, ZeroChaos, WorkForce Logic, Velvet and HCTec and its acquisition and disposition of ArrMaz Chemicals
Mr. Warner was one of the group of partners that founded the Firm's London office in 1996 and was based in London from 1996 to 2001. The Firm's London office grew from eight to 130 lawyers during his tenure in London.
Mr. Warner is the founder and editor of the Firm's publication, Private Equity Alert, which keep the Firm's clients and friends up-to-date on legal and market developments affecting the private equity and hedge funds communities, and is also the founder and editor of the Firm's annual Going Private Survey. He is recognized as a leading private equity lawyer by Chambers USA, Chambers Global, the Legal 500, the IFLR 1000, the Practical Law Company, and Best Lawyers in America. He serves on the Advisory Board of the Practical Law Company.