Mr. Macke was selected by the Dallas Business Journal as one of its “40 Under 40” honorees for 2017.
- Advent International in its acquisition of a majority stake in ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC, and in the acquisition by Sovos Brands Buyer, Inc. of Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods Inc.
- Aethon Energy in the formation of Aethon United LP, a joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Redbird Capital Partners
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners (OEP), its principal private equity unit, and in the formation by OEP professionals of OEP Capital Advisors, L.P.
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of real estate assets and their operating platform to Prologis Inc.
- Ministry Brands, LLC in a significant investment by Insight Venture Partners
- Octagon Credit Investors, LLC in its sale to Conning & Company
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investments in Skybox Security, Inc. and Blue Star Sports, and in Blue Star’s subsequent acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its pending $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC
- The founders of Magnetar Capital in the sale of a minority interest in Magnetar Capital Partners to an investment fund affiliated with Blackstone Alternative Asset Management
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
Mr. Macke joined Weil in 2012. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Macke was a tax associate in the New York office of a leading international law firm. He received his B.A., cum laude, from Pepperdine University in 2001 and his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2004, where he was an Articles Editor for the Arkansas Law Review. Mr. Macke also received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 2008.