The Lawyer has described Marco as “one of the best private equity lawyers in town” and his team has twice won Private Equity Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards in 2008 and 2010 and Pan-European law firm of the year at the Real Deals Private Equity Awards 2011. Marco is also recognised as a Leading Lawyer for Private Equity in IFLR 1000 UK 2015.
- TI Automotive, Inc., a developer, manufacturer and supplier of automotive fluid storage, carrying and delivery systems, in its sale to Bain Capital
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of Clarion Events, a leading UK events company, from Veronis Suhler Stevenson and Trilantic Capital Partners
- TowerBrook Capital Partners in its sales of fashion retailer, Phase Eight and of debt manager, Capquest Group Limited
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in its acquisition of a significant minority interest in the Lowell Group, a provider of consumer credit management services, from TDR Capital and management
- Providence Equity Partners in, together with Airbridge Investments, the sale of a majority stake in M7 Group SA, a provider of satellite television services for consumers and business customers, to Astorg Partners, and on the post-completion shareholder arrangements
- Providence Equity Partners in its lead equity investment in Helios Towers Africa, a leading telecoms tower company that builds, operates, and manages wireless infrastructure in Africa, as part of a $630 million equity fundraising
- TH Lee, Quadrangle, CCMP and Providence on the dual track process culminating in the €7.2 billion sale of Spanish telecoms company ONO to Vodafone
- Access Industries, Alfa and Renova Consortium on the $28 billion sale of 50% Stake in TNK-BP International Limited to Rosneft Oil Company
- Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay in their successful contested purchase of a majority interest in the Maybourne Hotel Group
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board acquisition of Busy Bees Childcare an operator of children’s day nurseries in the UK, from Knowledge Universe Education LP
- Providence Equity in the acquisition of The Ambassador Entertainment Group, an owner and operator of theatres in the UK and the world’s leading live-theatre group, from Exponent Private Equity LLP
- OMERS in its acquisition of Civica, a UK-based provider of software systems, cloud-based IT services and technical outsourcing primarily to public sector organisations in the UK and globally, from 3i Group plc
- Unitas Capital-managed funds in the acquisition of Hyva Holdings, the Dutch-based maker of hydraulic cylinders and tippers used in heavy-duty mining and environmental services transportation equipment, from international investor 3i and members of Hyva management
- Advent International and Bain Capital in their acquisition of WorldPay, the global merchant services division of Royal Bank of Scotland and one of the world’s largest payment processors.