Notable Representations, Key Contacts
- Leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions
- Investment grade lending
- Syndicated lending
- Cash flow lending
- Asset-based lending
- Loan restructurings
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Exit financings
We are recognized as one of the world’s premier leveraged acquisition finance practices, and have an active investment grade practice. We work in tandem with lawyers from our global M&A and Private Equity practices to advise clients on all facets of acquisition and other event-driven financings. We also work closely with our preeminent bankruptcy & restructuring practice to develop unparalleled skills in restructuring and debtor-in-possession and exit financings, as well as to analyze insolvency and collateral risks on new money transactions.
Our practice and its lawyers are consistently recognized as market leaders by Chambers & Partners, IFLR1000 and Legal 500.
Private Equity Finance
Weil's market-leading leveraged finance team routinely represents lenders, underwriters, issuers and borrowers on their most sophisticated, complex leveraged loans and high yield bond offerings.
Investment Grade Finance
In particular, we frequently utilize the combined strength of our New York and London platforms to advise corporate borrowers and financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in $860 million incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its $1.1 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc. which will, when consummated, create the largest chain of movie theatres in the United States and the world.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in $1.3 billion incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its approximately £921 million ($1.2 billion) acquisition of Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Limited (United Kingdom), the owner and operator of multiplex cinemas in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal and Spain.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in an amendment and restatement of its senior secured term facility to incrementally increase commitments by $500 million to finance in part its approximately £921 million acquisition of Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Limited (United Kingdom), and its $1.2 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in $675 million incremental term loan and $325 million bridge facility commitments to provide financing related to its $950 million acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group Holding AB (Sweden).
A pleasure to work with…they do an excellent job of engaging with the client and focusing on understanding the big picture.
With a reputation as one of world’s top leveraged acquisition finance practices, [Weil] is highly sought-after by clients on both the lender and borrower sides.
This practice demonstrates impressive breadth and depth in both lender and borrower side representation across the gamut of financial transactions.
Commended for its close-knit banking and high-yield team. Its excellent reputation and relationships on the sponsor side continue to generate considerable deal flow. The team is building up a presence on the lender side, with key connections made of late.
Best Law Firm in Finance: Bank Lending
Legal 500 US Awards 2015
Ranked #2 for U.S. Borrower Representations
Thomson Reuters LPC Syndicated Loans League Tables 1H 2016
Recipient of “Loan Deal of the Year” Award
IFLR European Awards 2015
Received “highly commended” ranking in Finance category
Financial Times Innovative Lawyers North America 2014