Mr. Lynch has extensive experience in equity capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, acquisition-related financings, strategic investments and private placements. He also advises boards of public and private companies on general corporate and public company reporting matters and Sarbanes-Oxley and corporate governance issues.
Mr. Lynch has advised issuers and underwriters on over 120 public equity and debt offerings. Notably, he served as lead counsel on many of the most prominent technology-related IPOs and equity offerings in New York. Over the past few years, he has focused on IPOs and equity offerings for private equity-backed portfolio companies and private equity sponsors.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. (MPG) and American Securities, as selling stockholder, in MPG’s $150 million initial public offering.
- Barclays, J.P. Morgan, Macquarie Capital, RBC, Suntrust Robinson Humphrey and Wells Fargo, as underwriters, in a $665 million offering of limited liability company interests and a $305 million offering of senior convertible notes by Macquarie Infrastructure Company to finance its acquisition of all of the equity of International-Matex Tank Terminals that it did not already own.
- Papa Murphy's Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners) in its $64 million initial public offering.
- Vantiv, Inc. (a joint venture of Advent International and Fifth Third Bank) in its $575 million initial public offering and over $3 billion of secondary offerings of common stock (including a simultaneous secondary and stock repurchase).
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in its $400 million initial public offering.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, J.P. Morgan Partners, and CCMP Capital Advisors, as selling shareholders, in the $834 million initial public offering of Aramark Corporation.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., as selling shareholder, in the $1.1 billion secondary public offering of 7.9 million common shares of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. and in the $875 million secondary public offering of 15 million common shares of Equity Residential.
- Edwards Group Limited (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors and Unitas Capital) in its $100 million initial public offering of American Depositary Shares on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Kinder Morgan in its $2.86 billion initial public offering, the largest private equity-backed IPO in U.S. history at that time, and the largest energy IPO in the last decade.
- Generac Holdings (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $270 million initial public offering and over $1 billion of secondary offerings of common stock.
Mr. Lynch has been recognized by IPO Vital Signs as one of the leading IPO lawyers in the United States and has been a presenter at the NYSE IPO Bootcamp seminars for the past four years. Mr. Lynch is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets – Equity by IFLR1000. In 2001, Crain’s named him as one of the Tech 100, in recognition of his leadership role in New York’s technology industry.
Prior to joining the Firm, he was the managing partner of the New York office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Earlier in his career, he was a partner in the New York office of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP, where he was the co-chair of the firmwide Public Offerings Practice Group and a member of Brobeck's Management and Investment Committees.
Mr. Lynch received a J.D. from Columbia University School of Law in 1987 and a B.S., cum laude, from Tulane University in 1983, where he was the recipient of the Aaron Hartman Award. He is a member of the New York State Bar and the American Bar Association.