Mr. Lynch has advised issuers and underwriters on over 120 public equity and debt offerings. Notably, he served as lead counsel on many of the most prominent technology-related IPOs and equity offerings in New York. Over the past few years, he has focused on IPOs and equity offerings for private equity-backed portfolio companies and private equity sponsors.
- Papa Murphy's Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners) in its $64 million initial public offering.
- Vantiv, Inc. (a joint venture of Advent International and Fifth Third Bank) in its $575 million initial public offering and over $3 billion of secondary offerings of common stock (including a simultaneous secondary and stock repurchase).
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in its $379 million initial public offering.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, J.P. Morgan Partners, and CCMP Capital Advisors, as selling shareholders, in the $834 million initial public offering of Aramark Corporation.
- Barclays, Macquarie, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, and Wells Fargo, as underwriters, in the $411 million follow-on offering of limited liability company interests and Barclays and Macquarie, as underwriters, in the $128 million follow-on public offering of limited liability company interests by Macquarie Infrastructure Company.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., as selling shareholder, in the $1.1 billion secondary public offering of 7.9 million common shares of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. and in the $875 million secondary public offering of 15 million common shares of Equity Residential.
- Edwards Group Limited (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors and Unitas Capital) in its $100 million initial public offering of American Depositary Shares on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Kinder Morgan in its $2.86 billion initial public offering, the largest private equity-backed IPO in U.S. history at that time, and the largest energy IPO in the last decade.
- Generac Holdings (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $270 million initial public offering and over $1 billion of secondary offerings of common stock.
Mr. Lynch has been recognized by IPO Vital Signs as one of the leading IPO lawyers in the United States and has been a presenter at the NYSE IPO Bootcamp seminars for the past four years. Mr. Lynch is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets – Equity by IFLR1000. In 2001, Crain’s named him as one of the Tech 100, in recognition of his leadership role in New York’s technology industry.
Prior to joining the Firm, he was the managing partner of the New York office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Earlier in his career, he was a partner in the New York office of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP, where he was the co-chair of the firmwide Public Offerings Practice Group and a member of Brobeck's Management and Investment Committees.
Mr. Lynch received a J.D. from Columbia University School of Law in 1987 and a B.S., cum laude, from Tulane University in 1983, where he was the recipient of the Aaron Hartman Award. He is a member of the New York State Bar and the American Bar Association.