Our investment grade finance team works closely with lawyers from the Firm’s global M&A practice to provide seamlessly integrated service backed by deep market knowledge. In particular, we are able to utilize the combined strength of our highly rated New York and London platforms to advise clients on complex cross-border transactions.
- The Estée Lauder Companies (Estée Lauder) in its $500 million senior notes offering having 10- and 30-year maturities. At the time of the offering, the coupon for the 10-year maturity note set a new all-time record low for a company with an "A" rating by both Moody's and S&P, while the coupon for the 30-year tied the all-time record low. This was the latest in a series of debt and equity offerings for this long-time client.
- Estée Lauder in its $1 billion revolving credit facility.
Genworth Financial, Inc., a financial services company which provides insurance, investment and financial solutions to its customers, in the $400 million senior unsecured notes offering by its direct, wholly owned subsidiary, Genworth Holdings Inc., and guaranteed by Genworth Financial.
- Barclays and Citi, together with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, RBS and Wells Fargo, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $10.75 billion offering of investment grade bonds by Microsoft Corporation, a worldwide leader in software and other computing products and services – Microsoft's largest bond offering to date. We have also represented the underwriters in numerous other senior notes offerings by Microsoft.
- J.P. Morgan, as sole lead arranger and administrative agent, in $10 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facilities for Microsoft.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley, as lead arrangers and providers, in a $2.9 billion committed bridge facility for Verisk Analytics, Inc., a provider of risk assessment and data analytics services, to finance its £1.85 billion (approximately $2.8 billion) acquisition of Wood Mackenzie (United Kingdom), an energy, metals and mining research and consultancy group.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Wells Fargo and the other underwriters, in a $675 million common stock offering and in a $1.25 billion senior notes offering by Verisk Analytics, Inc., a provider of risk assessment and data analytics services, to partly finance its acquisition of Wood Mackenzie (United Kingdom), an energy, metals and mining research and consultancy group.
Morgan Stanley in a 364-day committed bridge facility to Weyerhaeuser, a forest products company which grows and harvests trees, builds homes and manufacturers forest products worldwide, for its $2.65 billion acquisition of Longview Timber, an owner and manager of timberlands in Washington and Oregon, from affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management — the third largest forestry acquisition in North America.
- Willis Group Holdings PLC, a global insurance broker, in more than $2 billion of notes offerings.
- Willis Securities, Inc. (a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of Willis Group Holdings PLC), a provider of investment banking services, in a $300 million revolving credit facility to meet or exceed capital requirements related to securities underwriting.
Considered by clients to be “best in class for high-grade acquisition finance” thanks to its “very experienced team with the best industry and legal knowledge.”
The Legal 500 US
Steadily building its reputation for acquisition finance generally and for high-grade, event-driven financings in particular.