- Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley, as underwriters, in the $644 million initial public offering of CBS Outdoor Americas (now known as OUTFRONT Media), a provider of out-of-home advertising services, in advance of the planned spin-off of the CBS Outdoor business from CBS Corporation.
- Deutsche Bank, Wells Fargo and Citi, as underwriters, in the $800 million senior notes offering by CBS Outdoor Americas (now known as OUTFRONT Media), to finance the spin-off of the CBS Outdoor business from CBS Corporation.
- Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, UBS and Barclays, as joint lead arrangers, in the financing for the Carlyle Group's acquisition of Chesapeake Services Limited, a U.K.-based manufacturer of packaging products for pharmaceutical and consumer goods, from Irving Place Capital and funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management.
- Barclays, as administrative and collateral agent, and Barclays and Credit Suisse, as joint lead arrangers, in $1 billion multicurrency, senior secured credit facilities to finance the merger of equals of Chesapeake (U.K.) (a portfolio company of the Carlyle Group), and Multi Packaging Solutions (a portfolio company of Madison Dearborn Partners), a provider of print, packaging, and label solutions for a diverse group of end markets worldwide.
- J.P. Morgan, Citi, Barclays, RBC and UBS, as underwriters, in the $325 million senior notes offering by Lear Corporation, a global provider of automotive seating and electrical power management systems.
- Citi, Barclays, J.P. Morgan, RBC and UBS, as underwriters, in the $500 million senior notes offering by Lear Corporation.
- The underwriters in a $305 million offering of senior convertible notes and in over $1.5 billion offerings of limited liability company interests by Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC, an owner, operator and investor in a diversified group of infrastructure businesses primarily in the United States, including offerings to finance its acquisition of all of the equity of International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) that it did not already own and to finance its acquisition of Bayonne Energy Center (BEC).
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch and RBS, as underwriters, in a $1.95 billion and a €550 million-denominated offering of investment grade notes by Microsoft – the first offering of non-U.S. denominated debt by Microsoft and its first listing on the Irish Stock Exchange. We have also represented the underwriters in numerous other senior notes offerings by Microsoft.
- J.P. Morgan, as sole lead arranger and administrative agent, in a $5 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facility for Microsoft.
Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan in providing committed bridge financing to Tyson Foods, one of the world's largest producers of meat and poultry, for its $8.55 billion unilaterally binding offer to acquire Hillshire Brands, a leader in branded, convenient foods.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley, as lead arrangers and providers, in a $2.9 billion committed bridge facility for Verisk Analytics, Inc., a provider of risk assessment and data analytics services, to finance its £1.85 billion (approximately $2.8 billion) acquisition of Wood Mackenzie (United Kingdom), an energy, metals and mining research and consultancy group.
Clients praise the team for ‘getting up to speed efficiently’ and for ‘hitting tight deadlines.’ The group has a ‘very good sense of the market from both legal and business perspectives’ and is known for its ‘great relationships with underwriters.’
Legal 500 US
A “prime destination for leading financial institutions in complex financing transactions.”