Brian advises on a wide range of finance matters including securitisations, CLOs, covered bonds, restructurings, refinancings, portfolio acquisitions, warehouse facilities, asset-based lending and secured loan transactions.
Brian has also completed secondments to the securitisation team at Barclays’ investment bank and to our New York office.
Legal 500 UK distinguishes Brian as “highly recommended” for securitisation.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Apollo on their first European CLOs of 2014 and 2016, private European CLO financings and CLO refinancings
- KKR on NPL loan portfolio acquisitions and structured financings
- Barclays as the most significant stakeholder in the Theatre 1 and Theatre 2 whole business securitisations relating to General Healthcare Group (value in excess of £1.5 billion), which Debtwire described as arguably the most complex European securitisation restructuring ever. Advice included enforcement strategies, negotiating extensions of the deal and advising on complex restructuring proposals relating not just to the securitisations, but to the entire capital structure and the drafting of a bespoke restructuring of the hedging arrangements
- Numerous funds and financing banks on NPL portfolio acquisitions and financings across Europe including Project Virage, Project Koala, Project Flash, Project River, Project Phoenix, Project Leinster & Munster, Project Finn, Project Neptune, Project Rapide and Project Goya
- Barclays as arranger and dealers’ counsel on Barclays’ Gracechurch credit card master trust securitisation programme. Dealers advised in addition to Barclays include Citi, J.P. Morgan, and Lloyds Banking Group
- The dealers (including J.P. Morgan, Lloyds and Wells Fargo) on Lloyds’ Permanent mortgage master trust securitisation programme including the Permanent 2015-1 and 2016-1 RMBS transactions
- The sponsor on the ALBA 2015-1 RMBS transaction
- The dealers (including Barclays, Citi, J.P. Morgan, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley) on Lloyds’ Penarth credit card master trust securitisation programme
- Lloyds as arranger on a number of UK auto-loan securitisations