Jonathan is ranked as a leading lawyer for Private Equity: Buyouts: UK-wide by Chambers UK 2015, being described as “a strong technical lawyer” and identified by one client as “one of the best M&A lawyers in the market”. He was also included by The Lawyer for the 2006 and 2008 editions of “Hot 100” lawyers and has been selected to the 2014 London Super Lawyers list for his M&A expertise.
- Advent International in its leveraged buyout of KMD, a Denmark-based IT systems developer; its acquisition and combination of The Priory Group, a U.K.-based independent provider of mental health and specialist care services, and Craegmoor, which provides care and support services for adults and younger people in the U.K.; and in its acquisition of DFS, a U.K.-based sofa retailer.
- HgCapital in its acquisition and combination of Leasedrive Group and Zenith Vehicle Contracts Group, and disposals of ATC Group, a Netherlands-based management services provider, and SHL Group, a talent measurement services provider.
- General Atlantic in its investments in FNZ, a provider of software solutions to the financial services sector, and Hyperion Insurance Group, a U.K.-based insurance intermediary group; and acquisition of U.K. weather forecast services group MeteoGroup.
- The Gores Group in its significant joint venture agreement with Premier Foods to the Hovis bread business.
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners in, together with management, its acquisition of Mander Portman Woodward, a London-based provider of private education for students transitioning from secondary school into U.K. universities.
- Investor AB, a publicly traded private equity firm, in the international aspects of its acquisition of Sweden-based Permobil, a developer, manufacturer and marketer of transport and communication systems for people with functional disabilities.
- eBay in its acquisition of Shutl Limited, a developer and operator of a SaaS platform that enables immediate delivery of online shopping via local same-day courier companies.