Recently, Mr. White was named among Global Competition Review’s “40 Under 40” for 2015. Mr. White also was honored with the 2008 Burton Award for Legal Achievement for co-authoring the article “Private Equity: Antitrust Concerns with Partial Acquisitions,” published in Antitrust, an American Bar Association publication. The Burton Awards program is a national competition managed in association with the Library of Congress that is dedicated principally to recognizing and honoring legal practitioners who exhibit excellence in legal writing. He also is an active member in the American Bar Association, formerly serving as Vice Chair of the Antitrust Section’s Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee and currently serving as Vice Chair of the Antitrust Section’s Distribution and Franchising Committee.
Mr. White obtained his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law where he served as a member on both the Virginia Law Review and Virginia Tax Review.
- Represented Allergan plc, a leading global pharmaceutical company, in the $39 billion sale of its global generic pharmaceuticals business to Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Represented AbbVie, a global biopharmaceutical company, in its acquisition of Pharmacyclics, Inc., a transaction valued at $21 billion and which closed without the U.S. Federal Trade Commission issuing a Second Request.
- Represented Providence Equity Partners in a private nationwide antitrust class action lawsuit asserting broad ranging antitrust conspiracy claims against Providence and other private equity firms in connection with multi-billion dollar leveraged buyouts dating back to 2003.
- Represented a major publisher in a high-profile series of private antitrust class actions and government investigations into the pricing of e-books, as well as a putative antitrust class action regarding digital rights management software.
- Represented ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V., a major Mexican conglomerate, and its Alpek subsidiary, a leading provider of petrochemicals, in the acquisitions of the PET resins business of Wellman, Inc., and the PTA/PET resins business of Eastman Chemicals Company.
- Represented a major global provider of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods in various high-profile acquisitions.