Heiner Drüke is counsel in our Frankfurt office who specializes in M&A, capital markets and private equity. He has extensive experience in M&A, public takeovers, private equity, corporate and debt restructuring.
Mr. Drüke advised inter alia in the following transactions:
- TPG Capital L.P. and DLJ Merchant Banking Funds in their €3.06 billion ($4.1 billion) sale of an 87.5% stake in Grohe Group S.à r.l., the parent company of Grohe group, a Germany-based manufacturer, seller and exporter of premium brand sanitary fittings worldwide, to LIXIL Group Corporation, a Japan-based publicly traded global manufacturer of housing and building materials, and Development Bank of Japan.
- Grohe group on the increase of its shareholding to approximately 72.3% in Joyou group, a China-based manufacturer of bathroom, kitchen and other faucets listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, the largest German/Chinese inbound transaction to date. The original acquisition of shares in Joyou AG was the first takeover offer by a German enterprise for a Chinese group of companies.
- DaVita Healthcare Partners Inc. in connection with DaVita's acquisition of dialysis centers in Poland and Portugal from Germany-based Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA.
- Strategic Value Partners and Oak Hill Advisors on the cross-border €1.6 billion ($2.1 billion) debt restructuring of publicly listed Pfleiderer AG and its debt-to-equity swap and taking private.
- Grohe group in the €324 million voluntary public tender offer by its wholly owned subsidiary Grohe Asia AG for all shares of Joyou AG, the holding company of China-based manufacturer of bathroom, kitchen and other faucets. This is the first takeover offer by a German enterprise for a Chinese group of companies.
- GDF SUEZ, a publicly traded utility which is the world's second-largest and is also the world's largest liquefied natural gas company, as part of a bidder consortium, in its bid for Open Grid Europe, the gas distribution network and subsidiary of E.ON AG, one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies.
- Cerberus as selling shareholder in the €394 million initial public offering of Ströer Out-of-Home Media, a leading international outdoor advertising provider.
- Lone Star in its acquisition of Düsseldorfer Hypothekenbank, a medium-sized German mortgage bank, from the Deposit Protection Fund run by the Association of German Bank (Bundesverband deutsche Banken e.V. – Einlagensicherungsfonds) and the Auditing Association of German Bank (Prüfungsverband deutsche Banken e.V.).
- Grohe AG as a 10% shareholder in Joyou AG, the holding company of Joyou group, a China-based manufacturer of bathroom, kitchen and other faucets, in Joyou's €105 million initial public offering.
- Villeroy & Boch AG on the sale of its tiles business (V&B Fliesen GmbH) to Eczacibasi group.
- Monitor Clipper Partners, through its German subsidiary Reverse Logistics GmbH, in the voluntary takeover offer to the shareholders of CCR Logistics Systems AG.
Education - Universities of Bonn and Berkeley, California (law degree 1984; Dr. jur. 1989). Legislative aide to member of the German Parliament 1986-1988.