Mr. Gietz’s representation involves a range of industries, including healthcare, financial services and steel.
Recent M&A transactions include advising:
- Silver Run Acquisition Corporation, a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by Riverstone Holdings, in its $1.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Centennial Resource Production, LLC
- Eli Lilly in its acquisitions of the North American rights to the oncology product Erbitux®, Locemia Solutions ULC, Glycostasis, Novartis Animal Health, Lohmann Animal Health, ChemGen, Agri Stats, Avid Pharmaceuticals and Alzheimer’s imaging agents from Siemens Medical Solutions; and in its sale of veterinary assets to Virbac SA
- QLT Inc. in its acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and in its minority investment in Aralez Pharmaceuticals Plc
- GECC in the sale of its North American tank car rail assets and railcar repair business to Marmon Holdings, Inc.
- GECC in the sale of its remaining North American railcar leasing business to Wells Fargo & Co.
- GECC in its investment in and restructuring of the EBX Group controlled by Eike Batista and the sale of its Mexican consumer mortgage loan business to Santander Bank
- GE Aviation Systems in its acquisitions of Naverus and Airfoil Technologies
- Ripple Brand Collective, LLC in its sale to The Hershey Company
- Barclays, as financial advisor to Gentiva Health Services, Inc., in Gentiva's $1.8 billion sale to Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- AK Steel Corporation in its $700 million acquisition of integrated steelmaking assets in Dearborn, Michigan from Severstal North America and in its joint venture with Magnetation
- Australian biopharmaceutical company Fibrotech in its sale to Shire plc
- Lehman Brothers in the sale of its Archstone business to Equity Residential and AvalonBay Communities
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its acquisitions of Armed Forces Services Corporation and of physician benefit managers 4D Pharmacy Management Systems, Inc., CDMI and Partners Rx
- Costa Inc. in its sale to Essilor International SA
- Franklin Templeton in its acquisition of K2 Advisors, Darby Holdings and Fiduciary Trust
- Citadel Broadcasting in its sale to Cumulus Media
- Safran in its acquisition of L-1
- General Motors in its sale to a government-sponsored entity
- Harbinger in its take-private acquisition of Sky Terra
- Genesis Lease Limited in its sale to AerCap Holdings
Mr. Gietz has been recognized in Chambers USA, Legal 500 US, New York Super Lawyers and has been featured as a “Dealmaker” by The American Lawyer. He was also recognized for client service excellence by BTI Consulting Group in its 2012 BTI Client Service All-Stars survey.
Mr. Gietz received his B.A. from Columbia College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and his J.D. from the Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fisk Stone Scholar.