Eoghan Keenan is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Keenan represents public and private companies in connection with complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestitures. He also provides counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, defensive measures and other strategic considerations.
Mr. Keenan has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- American Securities in its pending $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation and its acquisition of a controlling interest in Blue Bird Corporation.
- Canadian pension funds participating in the Maple Group consortium, in Maple’s approximately $3.8 billion unsolicited bid for and subsequent acquisition of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Eli Lilly and Company and Elanco, its animal health division, in the acquisition of ChemGen Corp.
- Evercore as financial advisor to CenturyLink, Inc., in CenturyLink’s pending $34 billion acquisition of Level 3 Communications Inc.; and to FairPoint Communications, Inc., in FairPoint's pending approximately $1.5 billion all-stock merger with Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc.
- GE Aviation in its formation, together with Parker Aerospace, of Advanced Atomization Technologies, LLC, a joint venture to enhance the development and manufacture of commercial aircraft engine fuel nozzles.
- GE Aviation in its sale of its electromechanical actuation division to TransDigm, Inc.
- GE Aviation in its China-based joint venture with Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), a Chinese state-owned aircraft manufacturer, to develop and market integrated avionics systems for commercial aircraft customers worldwide.
- J.P. Morgan and Perella Weinberg as financial advisors to AT&T Inc., in AT&T’s $108.7 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
- The Kroger Co. in its acquisition of Vitacost.com.
- Mubadala Development Company PJSC in the formation of a joint venture with Sony/ATV and a consortium of US and international co-investors to acquire from Citibank, and own, EMI’s music publishing business for $2.2 billion.
- Nortek, Inc. in its $2.8 billion merger with Melrose Industries PLC.
- Opera Software in its acquisition of mobile video advertising platform AdColony.
- Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. in its $2.67 billion merger with Waste Connections, Inc.
- QLT Inc. in its acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and in its minority investment in Aralez Pharmaceuticals Plc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in the pending $880 million sale of MoneyGram International, Inc. to Ant Financial Services Group.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL Inc.
Mr. Keenan is recognized as a 2016 “Rising Star” for Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers.