Eoghan Keenan is an associate in Weil’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice. Mr. Keenan represents public and private companies in connection with complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestitures. He also provides counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, defensive measures and other strategic considerations.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL Inc.
- Nortek, Inc. in its $2.8 billion merger with Melrose Industries PLC
- Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. in its $2.67 billion merger with Waste Connections, Inc.
- QLT Inc. in its acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and in its minority investment in Aralez Pharmaceuticals Plc.
- American Securities in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Blue Bird Corporation.
- Fidelity National Financial in the distribution of Remy International to FNFV shareholders.
- Opera Software in its acquisition of mobile video advertising platform AdColony.
- The Kroger Co. in its acquisition of Vitacost.com.
- Mubadala Development Company PJSC in the formation of a joint venture with Sony/ATV and a consortium of US and international co-investors to acquire from Citibank, and own, EMI’s music publishing business for $2.2 billion.
- GE Aviation in its formation, together with Parker Aerospace, of Advanced Atomization Technologies, LLC, a joint venture to enhance the development and manufacture of commercial aircraft engine fuel nozzles.
- GE Aviation in its sale of its electromechanical actuation division to TransDigm, Inc.
- GE Aviation in its China-based joint venture with Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), a Chinese state-owned aircraft manufacturer, to develop and market integrated avionics systems for commercial aircraft customers worldwide.
- Canadian pension funds participating in the Maple Group consortium, in Maple’s approximately $3.8 billion unsolicited bid for and subsequent acquisition of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Eli Lilly and Company and Elanco, its animal health division, in the acquisition of ChemGen Corp.
- IAC/InterActiveCorp in its acquisition of Tutor.com.
- American International Group in its sale of an 80% stake in consumer credit provider American General Finance to certain managed funds and affiliates of Fortress Investment Group.
Mr. Keenan is recognized as a 2016 “Rising Star” for Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers.