The Posse model works for both students and college campuses and is rooted in the belief that a small, diverse group of talented students—a Posse—carefully selected and trained, can serve as a catalyst for individual and community development. As the United States becomes an increasingly multicultural society, Posse believes that the leaders of the 21st century should reflect the country’s rich demographic mix. The key to a promising future for our nation rests on the ability of strong leaders from diverse backgrounds to develop consensus solutions to complex social problems. Posse’s primary aim is to train these leaders of tomorrow.
NEW YORK, NY
Hybrid or Remote: Hybrid*
Supervisor: Associate Vice President
The Weil Legal Innovator (Innovator) will be involved in collaborative, ideas driven, analytical work that directly contributes to the success of Posse’s program. The Innovator will work closely with national departments/teams to support the growth of a legal pipeline and a professional development curriculum for Scholars interested in pursuing legal careers.
Career, Alumni, and Graduate + Fellowship Programs (CAGF)
Posse offers a range of resources to support the career and professional development of our Scholars and alumni. The Innovator will work with the Career, Alumni, and Graduate + Fellowship Programs (CAGF) to further develop a structured pipeline and professional development curriculum that guides Scholars interested in pursuing legal careers and prepares them for success. The Innovator will have the opportunity to hone their leadership, research, analytics, program design, and presentation skills. The Innovator collaborates in the development of this pilot program from the ground up including developing and presenting a program concept based on research, Posse Career Program best practices, and Scholar and alumni data analysis. The Innovator will develop a project plan and work with CAGF, Posse Institute (responsible for data collection, analysis, and reporting), National Senior Leadership, and local sites to implement the pilot legal pipeline and professional development program.
Additional responsibilities of the Weil Legal innovator may include:
- Working with Posse’s Graduate and Fellowship team to assist Posse applicants to law school with application support
- Supporting Posse’s Alumni Program team on a legal interest group among Posse alumni
- Supporting Posse’s Career Program on working with Career Partners in the legal vertical
- Supporting the implementation of the Posse Summer Leadership Award
- Conducting research on education law and policies, including Real ID, policies around citizenship status and education access and more
- Preparation and launch of the 2024 Alumni Census
- Iron Mountain project
- Research on projects and programs with the COO’s office
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong interest in building leadership and team building skills
- Proficiency in computer technology and interest in web resource development
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Deep belief in Posse’s mission and values
*Remote Work Details:
Hybrid- first two days of the week in person, remote the rest of the week. Subject to change.