YOUTH INC.Social Services & Community Empowerment
Our mission is to transform the lives of New York City youth by empowering the nonprofits that serve them.
New York, NY
Job Title: Strategy and Learning Associate
Supervisor: Director of Programs
Youth INC is seeking an organized, motivated, and enthusiastic professional to join their team as a Strategy and Learning Associate working with their program team to implement strategic priorities and assess impact. The Associate will assist the program team with implementing new capacity-building programs, inform Youth INC’s continuous improvement process and methods for learning, and manage special projects. This is a new role that will oversee the rollout and implementation of Youth INC’s Strategic Plan. Thus, it requires a high degree of intellectual curiosity, initiative and drive. It also entails collaboration across the entire program team. Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with members of the program team to assist with the implementation and evaluation of new program initiatives, pilots, and workshop trainings.
- Explore emerging research related to Youth INC’s work and coordinate opportunities to enhance the knowledge and skills of the program team.
- Conduct research on Youth INC’s Partner Network of 80 youth-centered organizations to identify trends and patterns.
- Manage the continuous improvement process and partner with program team members to implement that process and corresponding improvement goals.
- Capture and communicate successes of Youth INC’s capacity-building programs and pilot initiatives.
- Collaboratively plan forums/symposiums/conferences with partner consultants, funders, programs, and their internal stakeholders (at minimum one event per year).
- Manage and execute special projects, engagements, and events as needed.
The Strategy and Learning Associate will:
- Have the opportunity to attend site visits and meet with leadership from Youth INC’s Partner Network of 80 youth-focused nonprofits in NYC.
- Have the opportunity to liaise with members of the Board of Youth INC and will be considered for a mentoring relationship with a Director. The Associate will also be mentored by the current Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel of Youth INC who made the transition from corporate law to the nonprofit sector.
- Have direct access to the Executive Director, who also successfully transitioned from the financial services industry to the nonprofit sector after 22 years.
- Excellent project management skills
- Capable of communicating complex concepts to various audiences in easy to understand manner
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong research and analytical skills