UNITED WAY OF MASSACHUSETTS BAY AND MERRIMACK VALLEYSocial Services & Community Empowerment
We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone — individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
Job Title: Early Education Policy Associate
Supervisor: Director of Public Policy
The Early Education Policy Associate will work with the Director of Public Policy to analyze and recommend solutions to sustain and grow early childhood programs for low-income children throughout Massachusetts and will:
- Conduct a landscape analysis of the state of the early education field in Massachusetts.
- Conduct research of local, state, and national public policy efforts in early education, other direct service solutions, and influence of other sectors and disruptive models.
- Conduct interviews with early education providers, community leaders, policy makers, and legislative and administrative staff.
- Draft a policy brief on application of public policy and direct service solutions to address the needs of the early education field in Massachusetts.
The Associate will be responsible for meeting with appropriate UW staff and volunteers and make recommendations for how UW could catalyze growth in the early education field through fundraising/major donor campaigns, grantmaking priorities, and donor/volunteer engagement.
The Associate will also raise awareness on the issues facing early education field by drafting consumer and donor-focused blogs and using social media outlets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently
- Experience conducting qualitative and legal research
- Data analysis
- Understanding of government and public policy
- Business management/economics fluency preferred
- Interest in public/private partnerships
- Interest in education policy
- Passion for making a difference and creating lasting change in the community