MET COUNCILSocial Services & Community Empowerment
The Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty is the voice of the Jewish poor and the first line of defense for our community’s needy. We fight poverty through comprehensive social services and passionate advocacy to care for every individual with integrity and respect. Our network of 75 food pantries, affordable housing sites and JCC’s strengthen families and neighborhoods across New York.
New York, NY
Job Title: Public Policy Innovator
Supervisor: Managing Director of Government Affairs
The Innovator will be a critical member of the government relations and public policy team assisting Met Council in its efforts to pass laws and change policies that will benefit the neediest New Yorkers. In this role, The Innovator will learn about the front-line work that Met Council does fighting poverty and use that as a basis for researching, writing and disseminating policy papers to key government stakeholders.
The Innovator will work with the communications team to engage supporters of grassroots efforts to amplify the voice of the neediest via newsletters, policy updates and action items. The Innovator will also join Met Council at New York City Hall and in the State Capitol to advocate and testify at hearings on key public policy issues relating to fighting poverty.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to research and synthesize information
- Ability to multi task and prioritize deadlines
- Ability to work independently to move tasks forward
- Must be computer-literate with ability and interest to learn new software
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Additional languages helpful but not required (e.g., Russian, Yiddish, Creole, Spanish, Mandarin, etc.)