UNITED WAY OF NEW YORK CITYSocial Services & Community Empowerment
United Way of New York City helps to mobilize our communities to break down barriers and build opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers for the benefit of all.
New York, NY
Job Title: Organizational Change Strategist
Supervisor: Senior Vice President of Change and Innovation
UWNYC is seeking a strategic partner to support the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) as they address the most urgent hurdles in the organization’s processes and initiatives. The position will support senior leaders, including the ELT, through the process of scoping change initiatives, identifying and solving pain points, and implementing improvements. The Organizational Change Strategist (Strategist) will provide support through a rotational engagement structure, working to tailor the assistance provided to each senior leader based on change initiative and/or function needs. Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting senior leaders as they lead, manage, and execute on a defined set of high priority change initiatives both within the organization and across organizations with key strategic partners in the field.
- Participating in conducting and/or overseeing applied research on UWNYC’s transformation.
- Supporting alignment of change initiatives with organizational culture, and measuring results.
- Helping to envision, define, incubate, and scale operational practices across the organization.
- Influencing the organization’s strategic change agenda by being an objective thought partner to senior leaders, beyond immediate scope of rotational engagements.
- Providing executive reporting on change initiative development and implementation.
- Partnering with external consultants hired to support priority change initiatives.
The Strategist should be an interculturally competent systems-thinker who possesses an interest in learning about organizational frameworks, change management models, leadership & management theory, strategy & organizational design, and group & diversity dynamics. The Strategist must be an excellent communicator, facilitator, and strategy ambassador who can help inspire people at all levels of the organization to embrace change while remaining sensitive to all aspects of UWNYC’s business model, workplace culture and diverse stakeholder networks.
- Have a passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
- Exhibit strong team skills with demonstrated leadership ability
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- Possess excellent writing, editing, verbal, presentation and public speaking skills
- Astute listener who is able to understand and reflect on issues presented
- A results-oriented, innovative thinker with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and quickly “change gears” as needed