ASPEN INSTITUTEPolicy & Leadership
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues.
Job Title: Coordinator, Youth Leadership Program
Supervisor: Senior Program Manager, Youth Leadership Program and Managing Director, Youth Leadership Programs
The Weil Legal Innovator will serve as a core member of the Youth Leadership Programs Department team working with a 10-person team to deliver against the departmental mission. The Innovator will provide primary support the Aspen Young Leaders Fellowship and Aspen Challenge programs. Scope of work includes staffing programs, serving as part of educational delivery teams (e.g., seminar coordination and facilitation, event planning, processing paperwork, facilitating small groups, mentoring youth), and supporting youth alumni networks (e.g., coordination of opportunity ecosystem resources, preparing alumni program ambassadors, managing alumni databases). The Innovator will work closely with departmental team members with responsibilities including but are not limited to:
- Support accounting processes including: vendor and consultant payments, contracts, stipends, talent reimbursements, and other expenses.
- Support website, social media, and database maintenance.
- Support broader efforts of the Youth Leadership Programs Department and Leadership Division as necessary.
- Integrate a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens in all essential duties and work responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support to Managing Director for special projects.
The Aspen Institute is seeking an Innovator who can work effectively with diverse teams and communities. A successful candidate will have an interest in learning about educational systems, youth development, and community engagement and have:
- Strong cultural competence and experience working directly with constituents from diverse racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and geographic backgrounds
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud Suites, contact databases, complex spreadsheets, and web-based research. Any website and social media maintenance skills are a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to support moving projects from concept to completion
- Event planning experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a desire to learn, sense of humor, and creativity
- Strong customer service orientation: patience, listening, and resourcefulness
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively across teams
- Willingness and ability to travel (approximately one trip per month)