Sunny Sikka is an associate in the Restructuring Department of Weil’s New York office.
Sunny received his LL.M. from the Boston University School of Law, his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, and his B.A. from Tufts University.
Sunny has been a member of teams representing various parties in a number of in-court restructurings and other matters, including:
- Talen Energy Supply, LLC, a power generation and infrastructure company in North America, in its chapter 11 cases with approximately $5 billion in funded debt obligations.
- Speedcast International Limited, and its affiliates, a provider of remote communications and IT services, in their chapter 11 cases.
- CBL & Associates Properties, Inc., one of the largest mall owners in the United States, in connection with its chapter 11 cases involving more than $4 billion in debt obligations.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc., one of the nation’s largest oilfield service companies with more than 2,400 employees, in connection with its chapter 11 cases and sale of substantially all of its assets.
Lenders/Financial Institutions/Other Parties Experience:
- Blackstone and Carlyle, as equity sponsors in the out-of-court recapitalization of Service King.
- Hayfin Services, LLP, as Administrative Agent, Noteholder Representative, Collateral Agent, and DIP Agent, and Midava Holdings 3, Inc., as Stalking Horse Purchaser in the chapter 11 cases of Avadim Health, Inc., a healthcare and wellness company, which develops, manufactures, and markets topical products for institutional care and consumer markets.